IGNORED

How many donated to help Ghostbear ?

NotJust22s

2 minutes ago, Wallew said:

I received my reimbursement check from Ghostbear yesterday in the mail. 

I simply sent him a PM and he thanked me for the help when he needed it and sent me the check.

Good to hear 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

On 4/29/2019 at 4:36 PM, Bucksnbows said:

If he had enough money to buy mitigation credits, then the NJDEP might have allowed it.  But you can't just build on wetlands in NJ or other states.  But NJ's Freshwater Wetlands permits are very onerous.  I know, I'm preparing 3 of them right now for river restoration and bank restoration.  

Even digging out a pond in ‘wetlands’ aka former meadow near a river can be a  bitch.

I have never understood that logic - it’s wetland and what could be wetter than a pond?

13 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

Even digging out a pond in ‘wetlands’ aka former meadow near a river can be a  bitch.

I have never understood that logic - it’s wetland and what could be wetter than a pond?

Yup, unless you have an agricultural exemption.  We got hired by Trout Unlimited to do a big 1.5 mile project on the Lopatcong Creek in three townships and must avoid the existing wetlands.  Once the wetlands were delineated, it turned out that nearly all of them were because of people driving on a soft dirt road and making deep tracks which fill with water and obligate wetland plant species.  Not exactly what most would call prime wetland habitat.  But we must avoid them at all costs while 1) restoring the in-stream habitat, 2) re-grading vertical banks to better allow the stream access to its floodplain, and 3) creating "real" vernal wetland habitat.  Meanwhile, you can drive your truck down the road killing any and all wetland plant and animal species that might be using those tracks as habitat.   

Where's the sense in that? 

11 hours ago, Wallew said:

I received my reimbursement check from Ghostbear yesterday in the mail. 

I simply sent him a PM and he thanked me for the help when he needed it and sent me the check.

:up::up:

On 4/29/2019 at 7:27 AM, Tarhunt said:

1957Buck is already looking into it. 

So glad that crazy old kook decided to stop ruining this site with his presence

On 4/29/2019 at 2:39 PM, DBuck said:

What ever happened to Deermaster?

On 4/29/2019 at 2:44 PM, Bucksnbows said:

He's helping Axiom build a bridge through some wetlands.

Haha!

• 2 weeks later...