IGNORED

Beautiful morning at the gorge

Kype

Flows on the SBR are perfect right now and the hatches so far have been good again this year.  I was out twice this week in the evenings on that river upstream of the Gorge.  Even got into a decent spinner fall that had them sipping on top well beyond sundown.  

I remember the first sulphur spinner fall that I fished.  It was downstream of the Shurts Rd bridge on the Musky.

I fished a size 14 rusty spinner and I couldn’t beat the trout away from it with a shitty stick!  

It was unrecognizable by the time that the action slacked off and easily 30 minutes after dark.

49 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Flows on the SBR are perfect right now and the hatches so far have been good again this year.  I was out twice this week in the evenings on that river upstream of the Gorge.  Even got into a decent spinner fall that had them sipping on top well beyond sundown.  

Yes flows are perfect. Hoping to get back on Saturday if we don't get to much rain on Friday. :praying:

45 minutes ago, Kype said:

Yes flows are perfect. Hoping to get back on Saturday if we don't get to much rain on Friday. :praying:

"Up to 1 inch of new rain tonight into tomorrow".  Ugh!  I'm running up to the upper D later today.  Hoping flows are low enough on the Beaverkill to slip into some softer water areas near the tailouts of some pools for spinner falls this evening then floating either the East or mainstem tomorrow with my guide buddy Darren Rist and TroutandBucks from this site.  Maybe the rains will bring out the BWO hatch as it often does before the Hendricksons start in earnest later in the day.  Otherwise we're chucking streamers at the banks with 7 weights. 

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

"Up to 1 inch of new rain tonight into tomorrow".  Ugh!  I'm running up to the upper D later today.  Hoping flows are low enough on the Beaverkill to slip into some softer water areas near the tailouts of some pools for spinner falls this evening then floating either the East or mainstem tomorrow with my guide buddy Darren Rist and TroutandBucks from this site.  Maybe the rains will bring out the BWO hatch as it often does before the Hendricksons start in earnest later in the day.  Otherwise we're chucking streamers at the banks with 7 weights. 

Nice have a good time.