IGNORED

New tuna rod.... for run and gun.

nmc02

I gave up Turkey hunting several years ago, due to ticks. Hate them....one of the reasons I don't hunt the early season (and I HATE the heat). Anyway, I think tuna 365 days a year. I decided to buy a beefy rod since last year the bluefin were on steroids. I decided upon the Saltywater tackle Race point 250....Sami has a great shop (www.saltywatertackle.com). Nice looking setup, but pricey. Tuna fishing ain't cheap..  

20190424_201718.jpg

20190424_201625.jpg

20190424_201620.jpg

20190424_201603.jpg

Edited by nmc02

You are definitely living in the wrong state, the wrong county, the wrong township for this obsession.   Fortunately for me I did it when I was in my 20s...   That being said keep me in mind for a late summer charter 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

That’s an awesome rod hope you catch a lot of tuna with it. I can’t get enough of tuna fishing, and when you start buying your own rods and reels it gets as expensive or even more expensive than buying guns but there is nothing better than doing it with your own gear. Good luck this season it’s coming up fast.

12 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Good luck with it. What reel and line are you going with on it?

I use the shimano stella 18000 (high gear ratio), use 100 lb jerry brown braid, & attach bhp 100 lb flouro leader loop to loop

3 hours ago, Blackfin89 said:

That’s an awesome rod hope you catch a lot of tuna with it. I can’t get enough of tuna fishing, and when you start buying your own rods and reels it gets as expensive or even more expensive than buying guns but there is nothing better than doing it with your own gear. Good luck this season it’s coming up fast.

It sure is....I have everything except for a boat! I prefer jigging & popping for them. I have a yellowfin trip at the end of june here, then 5 days in Cape Cod in Sept. 

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

It sure is....I have everything except for a boat! I prefer jigging & popping for them. I have a yellowfin trip at the end of june here, then 5 days in Cape Cod in Sept. 

I have 2 trips in June one in August. I have to get to cape cod. Going to North Carolina next year for giants. Good luck 

3 hours ago, Blackfin89 said:

I have 2 trips in June one in August. I have to get to cape cod. Going to North Carolina next year for giants. Good luck 

Once you go to Cape Cod, you will go back every year. An insane fishery for stripers & bluefin tuna. Who you fishing w in NC