IGNORED

Weed Killer.....What Do You Use?

BHC

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

That's the one, except I read about epsom salt actually promoting growth, not killing it.  Most say to use plain table salt which will kill everything (neutralizes the ground and makes it impossible for anything to grow for a LONG time)...so use that with caution.  Good for driveways for sure.

Thanks for the feedback. So epsom salt must have some nutrients that I assume promote growth? I’ve been using the formula for the past week and so far everything I hit has died but to your point, let’s see what happens next.  Thanks!

Just now, Merkel said:

Thanks for the feedback. So epsom salt must have some nutrients that I assume promote growth? I’ve been using the formula for the past week and so far everything I hit has died but to your point, let’s see what happens next.  Thanks!

Saw a video on this, the guy did a 3 week test, Roundup of course worked best over a period of time.....vinegar with water and soap did good, the test with Epsom salt did ok but with both weeds came back, with Epsom salt it came back faster

41 minutes ago, BHC said:

Saw a video on this, the guy did a 3 week test, Roundup of course worked best over a period of time.....vinegar with water and soap did good, the test with Epsom salt did ok but with both weeds came back, with Epsom salt it came back faster

Crap but thanks

go online and look up ranger pro...same as round up for half the price . we use it at work all the time. also most people dont know, but you should use a sticking agent with it or any spray product for that matter. it's fairy cheap and can get it at most nursery's . if not you can use dish soap as a sticking agent but had it after the sprayer is full.

I find nothing is actually "season long". I've tried everything on my stone parking area. The best results come from Ortho Ground Clear, which is supposed to kill, and prevent weeds for a year, but I have to do it at least twice between May to August. Weeds always come back.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2019 at 11:26 AM, Merkel said:

I’ve recently made a similar concoction based on a previous posting.  Definitely kills the weeds within a few hours but I haven’t had enough time to see how long it works. 

2C2E93FB-B600-47FA-BF18-C9A15E3C891D.jpeg

Has anyone used the Epsom Salt mixture since April? Did the weeds comeback? I just used it this weekend and so far it is killing weeds really fast. Just wondering how it holds up after initial applications.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:46 AM, DV1 said:

I find nothing is actually "season long". I've tried everything on my stone parking area. The best results come from Ortho Ground Clear, which is supposed to kill, and prevent weeds for a year, but I have to do it at least twice between May to August. Weeds always come back.

DV1, give this a shot. Rain resistant within 15 minutes, and is the only product that I use around walks, trees, perennial gardens, etc. Seems to work well for me. 

It is rare that I have to use a second application during the entire summer.....

image.png.8aacf13fa04fac99005527979df5ffa4.png

Edited by LPJR

Will let you know.

Wife used Epsom salt, vinegar,  and dawn dish soap. Weeds are dead not sure if it prevents or gets root.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

If you use weed killer do two applications.  Hit the lawn and then wait two weeks and hit it again.  Some weeds are pretty frickin' resilient, so the first time weakens them and the second one beats them down good.  Be careful not to use it during high summer heat.  Your grass is already stressed, and the weed killer may stress it more.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.