IGNORED

Heisenberg meets Permethrin...Mazzgolf would be proud

Bonefreak

Welp....i bought the 13 % Permethrin last fall after reading the posts about tick prevention....finally made the concoction to keep them blood sucking bastards at bay for spring gobbler season!

Special thanks to my main man mazz for all his science intelect...i followed his posts and lead! 

Soaked em, rung em, and hang dried for 100% coverage and effectiveness!

But I did feel a bit like Breaking Bad's Walter White, aka Heisenberg, wearing the safety gloves!

I was a bit taken back by the peteoleum based chemical smell, which gave me flashbacks of working on the tugs fresh out of HS in the NY harbor pushing n towing fuel oil barges!

Also was a bit kerkuffled by the pre-quim colored concoction, and at one point, I had to explain to my neighbor, that I wasn't milking my camo, as I was ringing out the excess milky liquid, i was just following mazz's way to keep ticks off!

I did 2 sets of camo for me and the boy with 1 gallon of the juice!

Air drying in the shed for now cuz it mite shower tonight....but it smells like a meth lab in my back 40 ft!

Btw.....Roadking....thats the Cabelas jacket you gave my boy!

20190417_164248.jpg

20190417_165055.jpg

20190417_171004.jpg

20190417_173020.jpg

51fWOBx3agL.jpg

41-w9stXq9L.jpg

Edited by Bonefreak

Hey Guys figured since we are on the topic I would share what I did to treat my cloths. I purchased a hand held garden sprayer from Tractor supply  along with the 10% Permethrin. Total came to $30. I used 0.5 oz and diluted with a 1/2 gal of water. the concentration comes out to 0.625%. This is a little stronger then what sawyers sells. Which I believe is 0.5%. It  was so easy to apply and I did 8 pieces of clothing with the 1/2 gal. in about 15 minutes.

Sprayer.PNG.c32b9f675af9b18186246aff55b4cedf.PNGPermethrin.PNG.cd7def218df0c7b1aba91e676416edf8.PNG 

4 minutes ago, iluv2hunt said:

Hey Guys figured since we are on the topic I would share what I did to treat my cloths. I purchased a hand held garden sprayer from Tractor supply  along with the 10% Permethrin. Total came to $30. I used 0.5 oz and diluted with a 1/2 gal of water. the concentration comes out to 0.625%. This is a little stronger then what sawyers sells. Which I believe is 0.5%. It  was so easy to apply and I did 8 pieces of clothing with the 1/2 gal. in about 15 minutes.

Sprayer.PNG.c32b9f675af9b18186246aff55b4cedf.PNGPermethrin.PNG.cd7def218df0c7b1aba91e676416edf8.PNG 

Good idea w that pump sprayer....i will roll w that now to refresh my saturated gear every few wks

I bought myself a Rubbermaid mop basin. The one with the ringer. Mix up a big batch drown all the clothes at once. Let it soak then use the ringer. Ring them out and hang to dry.

Few things. You should not be using oil based pemethrin.

Here is a shot from another site.

Screenshot_2019-04-18-12-12-46.png

Edited by mikejd