Wow great fish was it on spinning or fly rod ?

They are on my Bucket list for sure. I hook a couple at night in the keys from a dock but wasn't really targeting them and they made me look silly.  

Okay just wrapped up with a great day of fishing. I confirmed with the captain yesterday to try to get some tarpon and he told me that it was going to be a very tough go. He wasn't optimistic and then he texted me later saying that he just found a honey hole that is rolling with tarpon. Well with that being said I didn't get much sleep last night and met him at the dock at 8 am. We got right to the spot and they were still there rolling every few minutes. We started with artificials on spinning rods and tried everything but they just did not seem interested. We finally after 3 hours of throwing everything in the tackle box at these fish we hooked got some catfish cut them up and dropped them to the bottom. There is nothing more frustrating then seeing these fish rolling, casting almost hitting them in the head and they just swam away. After about 20 minutes we finally have the bite. What a fight. It jumped over 8 feet. I have some of the fight on video but not the first jump which was insane. After that it slowed down quite a bit and they just didn't seem interested in biting so we moved to try to catch some other species. Right off the bat we hooked a snook and redfish. He was insisting on going for the Grand Slam and he stayed extra to finally hook a trout. I told him I was content on a 3 but he made it his mission to get all four. Unbelievable day and I can finally say I landed the silver King.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Posted (edited)

Florida truly has an amazing fishery! Congrats:up: Last time I was down there I booked a 4 hour trip and was hooked up almost the whole time,went 2 for 3 on tarpon to 125lbs,2 big sharks and one jack crevelle

Edited by bucky
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just awesome. You'll be hooked now. 150 is my PB. My Ex landed one over 170. Just amazing fighters.

Edited by Lanceinpa