IGNORED

They are hatching

Correct it was and is..  but who would call on a 9 or 10 year old for being productive in the out doors and showing the interest. It's that thought saying that's against the law that kids today have fallen to what they are..  hell it's against the  the law for kids to snow shovel in alot of towns.. would u say hey kid that's against the law or praise him for being active
The dopey Democrats in this state would. They'd rather illegal immigrants be given these jobs as it is their duty to ensure that they have a great life; better than the legal Americans.

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, vdep217 said:

When I was younger I had a pond and area set up  for turtles.   I had box and painted that were successfully breeding in the encloser..  I had one painter that I kept inside as a pet that I brought in at the size you have pictured and kept him in a big fish tank..  he lived for 19 years..   one of the coolest pets I had to watch especially when I got him feeder gold fish

I was right there with you. I built an enclosure in the backyard in Trenton and kept 40 or so turtles for about 3 1/2 years. What did I know back then about it being against the law. Every single turtle was returned to Timberland Lake and the other lakes where Great Adventure currently owns (owned by Switlik parachute company previously). They would walk to me and eat hamburger meat right from my hand when I entered the enclosure.  The entire neighborhhod knew I had all these turtles including the cops. People always wanted to come see the turtles.  

1 minute ago, Zipper said:

As a kid I had painted, spotted, musk,snapping,map ,wood and box turtles. I enjoyed observing them and studying them!

But once I became a Law Enforcement Officer, and found out it was illegal, I fined myself $50 , and gave myself a 50 minute lecture. :-)

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

27 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I was right there with you. I built an enclosure in the backyard in Trenton and kept 40 or so turtles for about 3 1/2 years. What did I know back then about it being against the law. Every single turtle was returned to Timberland Lake and the other lakes where Great Adventure currently owns (owned by Switlik parachute company previously). They would walk to me and eat hamburger meat right from my hand when I entered the enclosure.  The entire neighborhhod knew I had all these turtles including the cops. People always wanted to come see the turtles.  

It was a hobby for me and an elderly neighbor..  all were released to the lake wich they came from upon hatching..  we would rotate the Male and females out as well alternating years..  we did this for about 5 years..  

21 minutes ago, nb6624 said:

Turtles normally lay their eggs in June and they hatch beginning of September that is last year's baby turtle. I like turtles

I think you are right. I have both snappers and painted nesting in my back yard and I looked at previous year pics and they were from mid to late may. The mystery is why he was  at my back door, some 80' from water's edge. maybe a bird dropped him

May 31st

150539505.PUL10c6p.jpg