hammer4reel

So much for shad fishing

With river going up over 10’ Since Saturday in most spots on the river. And more rain coming Friday .

river is going to be nasty until next week, hopefully goes down for the tourney

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

With river going up over 10’ Since Saturday in most spots on the river. And more rain coming Friday .

river is going to be nasty until next week, hopefully goes down for the tourney

Yea it's going to be shot for a while. One boat fished under bridge for a hour yesterday  then gave up. My uncle fished a different spot and did really well for a couple hours.

Posted (edited)

It's a shame too because the water temp is good but with thunderstorm on Friday the river will be messed up for almost 2 weeks. That being said as long as it isn't chocolate milk and tons of debris you can still catch them in certain areas

Edited by rgw

Hopefully is washes all of the snot out of the river 

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1

The fish will move up the rivers now and not just shad.  Stripers too.

Trout fishing is shot too.

18 minutes ago, SPEARFISH said:

The fish will move up the rivers now and not just shad.  Stripers too.

Trout fishing is shot too.

I think the trout fishing only gets better with the higher water. Streams drop pretty quick spread the fish around and gives them a chance to become adjusted to life out of the hatchery . You also get a little more fight out of them then catching them in piss puddles.

• Like 3

10 days out from the contest. The conditions will be the same for everyone, regardless. Hopefully a lot better than they are now. My buddy caught a few yesterday hugging the bank in Easton. Still a lot of green crap floating, that there is no explanation for, fouling things up.

I have my first upper Delaware trout trip set for the 26th and figure the river will be back down soon enough.  But the Beaverkill at Cooks Falls crested early today over 16,000 cfs! The major rains hit the East Branch watershed much harder than the West Branch.  We could use a dry spell for a week or two.  But the trees and other plants are sprouting now and that will help suck up some of the excess water soon.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _X7 said:

10 days out from the contest. The conditions will be the same for everyone, regardless. Hopefully a lot better than they are now. My buddy caught a few yesterday hugging the bank in Easton. Still a lot of green crap floating, that there is no explanation for, fouling things up.

Articles saying this is the worst year  ever for Didymo.

Im doubting even this big rise in the water is going to clean it all out.

Its nasty up north , all the way to the west branch 

• Disturbing 1

Sucks all this rain and more coming. This were just getting good and now this :banghead:

• Agree 1

Belvidere gona hit mid 14’s. That almost unfishable. Hopefully she drops for the tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

Sucks all this rain and more coming. This were just getting good and now this :banghead:

Glad you got some productive trips in on the river so far Johnboy....It's just temporary and will return to normal. It will be game on as usual with you crushing them...:up:

Edited by LPJR

9 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

I don’t see anything slowing you boys down

Yea this one will.  Up almost 6 feet and tons of chocolate milk color water still pouring from tributaries. Now they are saying rain Thursday through mid next week. The only thing left to put a nail in coffin is for Pennsylvania to release water from reservoirs.

Screenshot_20190416-085142.png