vdep217

Quick dinner for tomorrow

Posted (edited)

Hit the stream after work wanted trout for supper tommorrow.  Fished n hour caught 11 letting the smaller ones go kept 4 for the grill.. all on yellow n black rooster tail with gold blade

20190411_193132.jpg

Edited by vdep217
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

14 minutes ago, Septicdude said:

Nice fish , do you pack your fish with that grizzly to add alittle kick to it?

Dont give away my secrets

The 2 bigger ones have been in the stream a while.  Orange meat..  I also caught one less than 5 inches..  I have thought they were spawning in this stream I suppose its possible

On 4/11/2019 at 8:00 PM, vdep217 said:

The 2 bigger ones have been in the stream a while.  Orange meat..  I also caught one less than 5 inches..  I have thought they were spawning in this stream I suppose its possible

So if a stocked fish remains out in the wild for a certain amount of time the meat turns orange? I caught one last year with orange meat and thought it was strange but did not know why. 

1 hour ago, Ringtail said:

So if a stocked fish remains out in the wild for a certain amount of time the meat turns orange? I caught one last year with orange meat and thought it was strange but did not know why. 

Normally they don’t make it to orange quickly . But will turn pink after eating natural food for awhile .

Congratulations, nice fish. But I don't see how you guys eat stocked trout. Everytime I had one it tasted horrible.