LPJR

Bucksnbows- One Classy Purist & Fly fisherman

Indeed you are! This is the time you have been waiting for all year. Go get 'em buddy :flyfish:

130599915_Mewithcigarandbourbonfishing.thumb.jpg.8b025efc0b296e4c14727c888602905c.jpg

download.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 5
  • Winner 3

Who you trying to kid.  I know the truth. He may waive that wand around like art work when others are looking but he keeps power bait and worms  in his secret vest pocket to put those big catches together. Elitist fly snob - bah.  

• Haha 7
  • Winner 1

4 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

I’ll add his one funny guy too. Had me laughin’ all day at Jays 

Agree 100%. Wait until we do a live bowhunt together this fall if Rusty lets us! :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Agree 100%. Wait until we do a live bowhunt together this fall if Rusty lets us! :rofl:

Only if you get it on film.  

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

It's dry fly action time!  Life has been good and I have gotten out several times before the "opener" and since.  The trout are looking up and that is always fun when they eat dries.  Soon I'll be in NY and PA on the upper D chasing big wild browns and bows.  

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

big wild browns and bows.  

Wait... this whole time I thought your screen name referred to deer and archery... now you are saying it refers to rainbow trout??? :o

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

I need to start fly fishing in N.J. always waiting for the NY streams to start. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

It's dry fly action time!  Life has been good and I have gotten out several times before the "opener" and since.  The trout are looking up and that is always fun when they eat dries.  Soon I'll be in NY and PA on the upper D chasing big wild browns and bows.  

I have not seen a rise yet.  Am waiting anxiously to make my first presentation...

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Wait... this whole time I thought your screen name referred to deer and archery... now you are saying it refers to rainbow trout??? :o

I gave my online name about a millisecond of thought when I first went on NJ Hunter long ago to research a crappy deer butcher who seemed to be holding my nice PA 10 pointer hostage.  I couldn't post as a guest, so I quickly thought that I like to shoot whitetail bucks (then only with gun, no archery) and catch rainbow trout on the fly rod (I'm from California where rainbows are native).  I figured nobody would know what a "Rusty Spinner" was which is my screen name on fishing forums and I thought I would only make that one post and never look at a hunting forum ever again.  Now thousands of posts on both NJH and NJW&W later, here I am.  And now I do hunt archery, and have for maybe 8 years now (finally).  But my initial screen name was based on rainbow trout and not archery gear.  :)   

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Just now, Big one said:

Bucksnbows has been known to fish drowned dry flies when needed

I prefer to call them "buoyancy challenged dry flies".  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Nomad said:

I have not seen a rise yet.  Am waiting anxiously to make my first presentation...

The grannom caddis were pouring off the Musky this morning when we were stocking it, but the trout were eating sub-surface and not on top from what I saw.  The Hendrickson mayflies have brought the trout to the surface if you're on rivers with a good Hendrickson hatch right now.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

The grannom caddis were pouring off the Musky this morning when we were stocking it, but the trout were eating sub-surface and not on top from what I saw.  The Hendrickson mayflies have brought the trout to the surface if you're on rivers with a good Hendrickson hatch right now.  

I don't know that that means - Is that code for "yellow powerbait on the musky" and "Pink shrimp salmon eggs on the Pequest" ?

• Agree 1
  • Haha 3