IGNORED

Dogs and ticks

Is there a product out there that is as effective as permethrin for humans but for dogs?

I don't just want the ticks to jump off him(like in the house) but something that would kill the tick. 

Collar? Spray? Drops? Power washer? Lol just joking with power washer.

3 minutes ago, Tuck said:

I ordered my Permethrin from tractor supply and it came today.  Going to mix it with water and use a spray bottle on dog.  

This is from Martins Permethrin site:

image.png.7ca25e44485d33721489bd67d6c943ff.png

I'll ask my vet when I bring him in on Friday

1 hour ago, Tuck said:

I ordered my Permethrin from tractor supply and it came today.  Going to mix it with water and use a spray bottle on dog.  

This is from Martins Permethrin site:

image.png.7ca25e44485d33721489bd67d6c943ff.png

Shampoo's!Get in the tub with him,do a thorough finger massage.https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/zodiac-flea-tick-shampoo-for-dogs-cats-12-oz

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

First put dog on revolution as per vet recommendation, after a week hunting in pa,and taking twenty to thirty ticks off him every day,switched to bravecto no ticks in two years! Nothing is totally safe as they are all poisons,but I live with a bugaphobic,so I have no choice! A couple of my friends have had good luck with the seresto collar!

29 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I know folks who use those collars and I hear they work great. I also hear that you're only going to get about 5-6 months of effectiveness out of them.  I've never personally used one, so I can't really say one way or another

Yeah. Directions say the same thing especially with the collar getting wet etc... I figure I would replace every 6 months to be safe. And time a new collar around the time ticks start to get bad. 

• 1 month later...

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford