IGNORED

Heading to florida friday

2 hours ago, Bone collector 85 said:

Anything going on down there plan on surf fishing and bringing out my father in laws center console. Bringing my 8.8 tsunami elite w shield reel 

well for starters - where you going?   Surf fishing down there is not like surf fishing up north.  It's basically light tackle snook, pompano, trout - or big tackle Sharks...     I don't think a Jersey surf rod has a purpose down there.  Again all depends on where you be - could even be red's around but need the right gear. 

If there is access to a center console - again a surf rod not your friend. Depends where you are but I am sure either myself or Buck154 or 20 other guys on here could better advise you if you give some specifics.  I do think you want to leave the 8.8' rod home and rethink your tackle at minimum. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

49 minutes ago, Bone collector 85 said:

Port orange fl new symara beach

Ok that’s a good area. You actually might have a good use for that surf rod - 15-20 lb line. I believe u can get some bull redfish off beach there. Ponce inlet is good area and mosquito lagoon is famous for redfish and spotted sea trout. If beach / inlet fishing is what you will be doing go to local shop and get best bait and rigs for redfish but I would also bring lighter rod and fish live shrimp for pompano. Lots of guides on that area too. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

I would also bring some swimming plugs and try snook in dark or first light last light in the inlets rivers lagoons. Use the big surf stick for bull reds on beach but u need a lighter 7” with 10lb line for snook trout pompano 

I shot a big 10pt once….

Yea my 8'8 is super light i use to jig fluke off surf. Put it to u this way when i fish paddle tails i feel the tail going back n forth i have 20lb power pro silk on it 

Theres more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than the surness of a gun!The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind!

Have caught a couple reds but mainly sharks off the beach at NSB. Try to catch yourself some ladyfish and use them. We used both chunks and live lining them. If you're hitting the bays, pick yourself up some Cajun Thunder popping corks. Tie a leader behind it depending on the depth you're fishing. I typically tie it off with an artificial shrimp (z-man but gulp works too). Soft plastics with a jig head are also a hit. Can even use live bait with it. Live bait down here is almost an unfair advantage. Expect to be able to catch reds, snook, specks, flounder, sheepshead, jacks, and even drum.