IGNORED

Hiked a small creek

hemlock

When I was kid , my dad would take me to fish for native brook trout in mountain creeks in the Poconos.

they rarely were bigger than 5-6” but looked like god had just painted them .

colors were incredible

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

When I was kid , my dad would take me to fish for native brook trout in mountain creeks in the Poconos.

they rarely were bigger than 5-6” but looked like god had just painted them .

colors were incredible

That's what the little 5 inchers I caught looked like. And the two in the pictures I believe are stocked from somewhere at some point maybe in the fall in PA. Because this stream is at least 30 miles from any stocked waters and most of the native fish are under 8 inches in it at least the brook trout anyway. The wild browns are fewer in it but they get up over 15 inches in this little creek. And all the rainbows which show up in late may I believe are all PA stockers seeking refuge in the colder creek via Delaware river . . Once though years ago in the fall I caught 13 inch male brook trout that was just spectacular looking and believe that fish was native.  And  few years back I caught a tiger as big as my pinky which was amazing. But the majority I caught the other day besides the bigger ones I posted were native they were tiny and beautiful. These small creeks take me back to the times you described each time I fish them.