IGNORED

PA rifle opener is now Sat.

megavites

14 hours ago, mattg1500 said:

Why would you wait until the weekend before the opener to do stands and lanes? That makes no sense to me. My lanes are cut now then just light clearing all year. I prep my areas long before hunting season to leave the least scent and smallest print getting close to the season

Because it was 5 hours each way by car.  I often did my stand work other than putting my burlap and seat cushions in during our fall bow and small game trips, but less than half our guys were on that early fall trip.  But nobody was running up a week or so earlier before the opener just to do stand work.  

59 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

To their safe place 

I know.
I am just thinking you are saying the Saturday hunt somehow will change deer movement. What do they do after Monday opener? They go for their safe places. Nothing will change. If anything you may get more deer in the area on the 2nd day since they will have a quiet Sunday.

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I know.
I am just thinking you are saying the Saturday hunt somehow will change deer movement. What do they do after Monday opener? They go for their safe places. Nothing will change. If anything you may get more deer in the area on the 2nd day since they will have a quiet Sunday.

I usually see bucks the first two days, then nothing until toward the end of the 2 weeks when the pressure has been off for a while.  Will have to see what happens this year when Monday rolls around, if I haven't gotten my buck during bow season.  There should be a lot less hunters out on Monday.  Not many will take off from work for the 3rd day into the season.  Everybody will be out on Saturday.  People who wished for it may find there isn't a place to go on sgl's  without running into another hunter  Won't know for sure what will happen until the time comes.

20 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

It will be nice to be able to hunt the PA opener and NJ early muzzy now.  I’ll make a nice 4 day weekend out of it!

:agree:  That is exactly what I will do with some friends and family.  We have a cabin in Pike Pa.  Go up Friday hunt Saturday in Pa. Then hunt Mon/Tues in NJ for deer.  Will make a great long weekend!