IGNORED

PA rifle opener is now Sat.

megavites

Cool!! 

Mite be able to take the boy to my old stompin grounds!!

Just couldn't take the time off work and school with all the other stuff and seasons going on around that time. 

Some traditions can't last forever....i hope this is guna be a good move for deer huntin in Penn's Woods!!

17 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Many people don't like changes and will be bitching about this but IMO this is good.

I wonder if schools will be closed on Monday?

We had off for Monday in early 1990s.....but that town has since exploded with I-80 people moving out there.....i doubt they had the Monday off anymore!

Shame,there f&w are seeing decline in licence sales.I saw the writing on the wall when they changed you are are now allowed to use percussion.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

We sold our half of our Potter County hunting camp two years ago after owning it since 1970, so I'm trying to envision what camp would be today like this year if we still went up instead of NY state as we do now.  We would have to haul butt early Friday morning after Thanksgiving with family and do everything on Friday that needs doing.  Stand work, shooting lanes, sighting in, etc.  Then I guess we would hunt Saturday and leave Sunday or some would likely stay through Monday, but no hunting on the day in between which would be weird. 

To me, all the other states have it right by not treating Sunday as if you must attend church services.  We hit NY late Thursday, eat a big dinner on the way, make sure our stands are good on Friday morning, sight in, and relax.  Then we hunt hard Saturday and Sunday and most go home by noon Sunday with their tags filled.  One day off work, and two days to hunt.  

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

Shame,there f&w are seeing decline in licence sales.I saw the writing on the wall when they changed you are are now allowed to use percussion.

That is only on certain zones.  Some zones are inline and others out west are flint only. Dec 26 is flintlock season not muzzleloader. 

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

We sold our half of our Potter County hunting camp two years ago after owning it since 1970, so I'm trying to envision what camp would be today like this year if we still went up instead of NY state as we do now.  We would have to haul butt early Friday morning after Thanksgiving with family and do everything on Friday that needs doing.  Stand work, shooting lanes, sighting in, etc.  Then I guess we would hunt Saturday and leave Sunday or some would likely stay through Monday, but no hunting on the day in between which would be weird. 

To me, all the other states have it right by not treating Sunday as if you must attend church services.  We hit NY late Thursday, eat a big dinner on the way, make sure our stands are good on Friday morning, sight in, and relax.  Then we hunt hard Saturday and Sunday and most go home by noon Sunday with their tags filled.  One day off work, and two days to hunt.  

Why would you wait until the weekend before the opener to do stands and lanes? That makes no sense to me. My lanes are cut now then just light clearing all year. I prep my areas long before hunting season to leave the least scent and smallest print getting close to the season