IGNORED

Always Tie Up Your Boat Securely

Zipper

I had a friend that’s boat when down like that on a t dock.

waves were coming over the port side during a hurricane at Atlantic highlands.

he got a call boat looked like it was sitting low in the water.

took him less than 10 minutes to get to the marina to find his boat hanging just like that .

he had 2 bile get pumps that couldn’t keep up with the pounding waves.

location in a marina is VERY IMPORTANT  .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

On Lake Champlain we stayed at an old farm house they had a floating dock.  17’ bass boat was tied to that . Over night the dock broke and dropped 4’ , pulling the back of the boat under and putting it on the bottom . Returned in the morning to see the motor and the trolling motor being the only two things out of the water . Luckily the neighbors had an excavator we got them to pull it up on shore , we emptied the water and got it running again. Fishing had been HORRIBLE all week . That afternoon after the boat was drained and everything dried up the fishing turned on like someone flipped a switch . Still to this day , unparalleled fishing ! Since then the joke at camp if the fishing is slow , someone needs to go pull a plug . 

that sucks ,i remember a crabber moved into a new dock coming from one that floats with the tide to a non floating dock with a tide that drops about 6-7 ft to sitting on mud in a blow out tide  and left about 3 ft of slack  :shakehead:  on the incoming tide the boat got wedged under the dock pushing it up out of the water... 

Edited by buckhound

I have seen some bad crap at the ramp before. Saw a guy for get his plug in and got a LOT of water in the boat before he got the trailer again. He was trying to be nice and get out of the way and when he got at the top of the ramp in a hurry the boat bounced and the rollers went throught the bottom of the boat. 

21 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

I have seen some bad crap at the ramp before. Saw a guy for get his plug in and got a LOT of water in the boat before he got the trailer again. He was trying to be nice and get out of the way and when he got at the top of the ramp in a hurry the boat bounced and the rollers went throught the bottom of the boat. 

Well at least he got the water out.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW