IGNORED

2019 Trout Season Opener

BowhunterNJ

16 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

My Trout Unlimited chapter holds our annual Opening Day Shenanigans event on the banks of the Musconetcong on two adjoining members' properties.  We start by lining up the "Bathtub Hole" with about 15 guys and gals at 7:55 and wait for the 8 am shotgun blast to let us know it's time to fish.  First fish out of that pool gets bragging rights, then everyone disperses and fishes this 3/4 mile section.  

If I didn't know spots to fish very well for trout season, I would personally find the bridge stocking points and then walk downstream to the first deeper run or pool and set up shop there.  Most everyone will be standing shoulder to shoulder right where they dumped the trout, but at least 30% or more of those fresh stockies swam downstream out of the crowded pool they were dumped into.  That's my tip for the day for the newbie out there.  ;)

Walk 100 yds either upstream or down from the trout stocking signs like he said and you have the place to yourself.

On 4/1/2019 at 6:36 PM, Mallard1100 said:

Good ol county line sport shop. That was a great shop. We would stop there religiously every Saturday morning. Sad it went the way of the rest of them.  I miss trout fishing, ever since they went to all rainbows it just turned me off for some reason. That along with the early striper bite......

The owner died and his wife and family weren't able to keep it going.  I live close by and pass it often. 

still thinking about heading out in wet 35 degree weather - probably will have to drive through some icy roads on the way where I am going.. Again - TYPICAL opener up here in Sussex / Warren Counties. 

no flies - masterbaiting for rainbows only... eggs and worms hate that powerbait goo... 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….