IGNORED

2019 Trout Season Opener

BowhunterNJ

For us it is more about getting together with everyone to kick off the Fishing Season and Spring. Sure we all stand around waiting for 8:00 to catch the stockies. By 9:00 I am back at camp to start eating, sitting around with everyone and catching up. Menu is something like this Taylor Ham and Egg samwich with some home fries, heard we may have Venison corned hash this year. That’s around 6:30 - 7:00 from 9 - ?  Venison Chili , dogs , sausage , cutlets , back straps , all kinds of Italian specialty stuff . A turkey gets deep fried , plenty of beer and of course home made Vino and Brandy. Have fun everyone and enjoy !!!

35 minutes ago, OMC said:

For us it is more about getting together with everyone to kick off the Fishing Season and Spring. Sure we all stand around waiting for 8:00 to catch the stockies. By 9:00 I am back at camp to start eating, sitting around with everyone and catching up. Menu is something like this Taylor Ham and Egg samwich with some home fries, heard we may have Venison corned hash this year. That’s around 6:30 - 7:00 from 9 - ?  Venison Chili , dogs , sausage , cutlets , back straps , all kinds of Italian specialty stuff . A turkey gets deep fried , plenty of beer and of course home made Vino and Brandy. Have fun everyone and enjoy !!!

there  is no way you wait until 9 to eat !!!!!   

I would be taxed on the trout I returned to new jersey with so I'm gonna stay here and wait a week for stockie action. But opening day has always been more about family than anything. Very rarely do I do well catching wise. But the week after the crowds are gone only hardcore remain and most times you have the lake to yourself 

8 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

I'll be at the base of the Clinton mill. LOL!

I live a 1/4 mile away.I was one of them knucklehead's once.Now I'm retired and sit in my lawn chair and observe,freshwater water version of the seniors at the Atlantic Highlands launch:rofl:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

Be on the Wallkill....been going for as long as I can remember. 

If it rains ,worst place! Muddy waters.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt