IGNORED

Content Ads Adjustment

BowhunterNJ

Hey guys and gals, per the recent topics on the ads, I've had the mobile content ads reduced to help improve the browsing experience.  The main complaint seemed to be that they were overwhelming the browsing/screen on mobile viewing.  I also have the ad provider looking at the two issues of blocked content in landscape mode and when editing posts.

Here is what users should see now:

Desktop:

Guests:  Maximum of 4-5 content ads (provides incentive to join)

Members and Premium Members:  Maximum of 2 content ads

Mobile:

Guests:  Maximum of 4-5 content ads (provides incentive to join)

Members and Premium Members:  Maximum of 2 content ads

Please let me know if you are seeing anything differently or experience any additional issues.

1 hour ago, Scotty155 said:

Not on my end, still get ads taking over almost half the screen frequently on mobile, has to be one of the most annoying ad campaigns of any site I've been on. Makes it very hard to participate while on mobile.

That's what we are trying to correct.  You are seeing more than 2 content ads between posts on a single page? What device are you on?  If possible please include screenshots. 

Thanks Matty.  Using a Galaxy Note 9.

Landscape looks better when I try to post.  

The ad numbers are all over the place though.  When I first looked at it this morning there were 2 in between posts.  The 2nd time I looked there were 5.  The latest time there was 1.  Not sure how all of that stuff works, but thought you'd like to know

12 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Thanks Matty.  Using a Galaxy Note 9.

Landscape looks better when I try to post.  

The ad numbers are all over the place though.  When I first looked at it this morning there were 2 in between posts.  The 2nd time I looked there were 5.  The latest time there was 1.  Not sure how all of that stuff works, but thought you'd like to know

Ok I'll pass that info on to them.  If you're logged in it should only be a maximum of 2.  If you happen to visit as a guest you'll see more. 

6 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Ok I'll pass that info on to them.  If you're logged in it should only be a maximum of 2.  If you happen to visit as a guest you'll see more. 

I'm logged in.  I loaded the page and saw 2. A few minutes later I swiped to refresh and there were 5.  A big add between every 3-4 posts or so.  Then I swiped down to refresh again a few minutes later and there as only 1.  

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

I'm logged in.  I loaded the page and saw 2. A few minutes later I swiped to refresh and there were 5.  A big add between every 3-4 posts or so.  Then I swiped down to refresh again a few minutes later and there as only 1.  

OK I think I found this issue, I'll let you know when the fix for it is in.