IGNORED

Getting ready for Fluking

Buck154

3 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

They go 2oz up to 16oz. I have not got a mold for these yet. Friend of mine has one for 2,4,6,8 and did some for me. I will post some of the ones I did this evening. What I really like is you can add a longer shank hook that sets the bend of the hook further back towards the end of the bucktail. The articulated action really come alive when using a big gulp grub

Collins makes them all the way to 48 Oz .

I have two molds . For them up to 16 OZ

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, MZ7Extreme said:

LOl I added powder paint... The rest I never use.

My go to colors is Glow, UV Blast over  White and  Pink paints...

Save your money on UV  for fluke.

They don't have the receptors in their eye to see it.

Had long in depth talks about it with the scientists at Berkley. 

I prob still have a pound of it 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

18 minutes ago, Lou.D said:

Great work proven killers! Good luck with them. Have you ever poured any with a shorter shank hook for sheepies? 

No but I bet you can use similar black fish jigs to get them. My brother and nephew have been catching some real nice head lately (6-9 lbs). They figured out something new

Edited by Buck154

2 hours ago, SPEARFISH said:

Looking good.  I don't bother with eyes or tying the bucktails any more unless I want to sell jigs.  Gulp on jig has caught a few.  I switched to ball jigs.

I hate not having eyes on them. Makes me feel better about fishing them with eyes. And the more realistic looking the better I think.   :fishing:

Edited by Buck154

2 hours ago, SPEARFISH said:

Looking good.  I don't bother with eyes or tying the bucktails any more unless I want to sell jigs.  Gulp on jig has caught a few.  I switched to ball jigs.

I agree, eyes and tails only appeal to the guy buying them when using gulp, I use ball jigs without both with no ill effects on catching fish:up:

Edited by bucky

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

I hate not having eyes on them. Makes me feel better about fishing them with eyes. And the more realistic looking the better I think.   :fishing:

I am a believer in eyes, one morning out on the Barneget Ridge I was the only guy hammering them with my ball jigs WITH eyes. My brother and his partner had the same color ball/tail combo as me but mine had my green epoxy eyes on them. 

AWM