IGNORED

I Phone XR

hammer4reel

I do and yes its at least double. I can go two days of heavy use and still have juice. maybe the best part about this phone.
I know I will not need battery chargers with me when I hunt. Its also just the right size, the next size up is not practical for a guy. XR  is thick/solid so it will not bend in your back pocket like they did before.

Edited by Lunatic

26 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I do and yes its at least double. I can go two days of heavy use and still have juice. maybe the best part about this phone.
I know I will not need battery chargers with me when I hunt. Its also just the right size, the next size up is not practical for a guy. XR  is thick/solid so it will not bend in your back pocket like they did before.

its for hunting that I want the better battery life, as well as out on the boat.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I’ve had one for about 3 months now. I take my phone off the charger at 4am when I get up for work and by the time I go to bed around 9pm I have between 10%-20% battery left. Obviously it depends on how much I use it during the day but the battery lofe is definitely better than the older models. 

43 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

its for hunting that I want the better battery life, as well as out on the boat.

They have good battery life depending on usage. Keep “location” off and screen brightness down and it will last all day long. For out on the boat I bought a small solar charger, it’s about the size of the phone and works great

AWM

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Anyone using one ?

curious if they get the actual battery run time they claim to get which is about double the normal I phones .

I just got the 10xs. The Xr was too big for me. The Xs battery lasts more than double the time of my 6s which I traded in. Got $100 trade in so it was worth taking care of it. I’m lovin’ the 10xs. Way faster and the camera is great.

I just got the XS Max and traded in a 6s for $135.  They had a buy one get one for the XR, so we each upgraded.  Definitely way faster and way better on battery life.  Don't think you'll get a full day of hitting LTE with 1-2 bars and trying to use it heavily though. 

One tip is to put the phone in low battery mode and it won't poll your email constantly which drains battery.  Another tip is turning off WIFI when remote so it doesn't poll for WIFI connections where there aren't any.  

30 minutes ago, NJREALTOR said:

I'm due for an upgrade, I'm considering the XR and seeing prices of 1200 +/-.  What are you seeing in terms of prices?

The XR is a few hundred less than the other 2 X phones .

its camera isn’t as good but battery life is supposed to be double

seen them for 750.

currently using Samsung S6,

while I like the android better than my work iPhone I’m tired of all of googles tracking on the phone.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

The XR is a few hundred less than the other 2 X phones .

its camera isn’t as good but battery life is supposed to be double

seen them for 750.

currently using Samsung S6,

while I like the android better than my work iPhone I’m tired of all of googles tracking on the phone.

That's what  I paid