IGNORED

Looking for a youth shotgun 20 gauge

Mike82nd

Hey Guys, my ten yr old son will be taking his hunter Ed course soon and I am going to purchase a shotgun for him upon completion. Looking if anyone has a 20 gauge youth model they are looking to unload. Or if anyone has recommendations from experience I would appreciate it. I’m leaning towards a Henry Single shot 20 right now but open to suggestions.

Thanks Guys,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington or mossberg 20.  When he gets bigger just buy a standard stock..  tri star also makes a nice youth gun.  Depending on his build I would shy any one from a single shot as it will recoil more than any other gun..  gas operated recoil is in my opinion the way to go for new shooter..  u can always only give him one shell

Edited by vdep217

Remington or mossberg 20.  When he gets bigger just buy a standard stock..  tri star also makes a nice youth gun

Is that the only difference from a regular 870. Stock and barrel length?

18 minutes ago, Mike82nd said:

Hey Guys, my ten yr old son will be taking his hunter Ed course soon and I am going to purchase a shotgun for him upon completion. Looking if anyone has a 20 gauge youth model they are looking to unload. Or if anyone has recommendations from experience I would appreciate it. I’m leaning towards a Henry Single shot 20 right now but open to suggestions.

Thanks Guys,

Mike

What's your location? 

I don't have any for sale but I have a few youth guns you're more than welcome to handle. I have a Mossberg 500 youth, a Mossberg 510 youth and a 410 single shot. 

Nick

2 minutes ago, Mike82nd said:

Is that the only difference from a regular 870. Stock and barrel length?

Yes..  and with today's chokes barrel length is no longer a big concern..  I have a mossberg 500 with 24 inch barrel that guys I know on here can attest it is a deer killing machine..

20 gauge single shots kick like a mule.

A friend of mine gave me an adapter that slides into the barrel of my 20ga single so I can shoot .410.

You don’t want him to be a flincher..

my father had me shooting Remington sluggers out of my single shot at 10 and it messed me up so bad I started flinching when I shot my bow. Lol

Gas operated auto is the best for recoil but they’re heavy and expensive.

Mossberg Bantam with a limbsaver recoil pad is a great option.

2 minutes ago, Mike82nd said:

I was looking at the mossberg also. I shoot a 1187 and love it. Nice low recoil. Seems hard to find a 1187 youth right now. We mainly upland hunt.

Shooters supply usually has them in stock.