IGNORED

UPDATE :BILL IS NO MORE WE WON Time to Push Back! Calls Needed - S3451

All,

Our friends at the NJOA need our help in pushing back the anti's and their agenda. The below action alert asks us to call Senator Nilsa Cruz-Perez at either 856-547-4800 or 856-541-1251 to let her know you oppose S-3451.

If S-3451 makes it to Gov. Murphy's desk, it will end all big buck contests, turkey contests and even the Deer Classic. This is just the beginning.

The call takes 2 minutes...it's easy. Call, be polite, say you oppose S-3451 and give your name if asked. That's it. Easy.

Time to push back, men!

ACTION ALERT: STOP SENATE BILL 3541

Friends and fellow sportsmen,

In the past, when faced with a bad piece of legislation, we would fight behind the scenes to stop the bill from becoming law. Very seldom did we ever exert any direct pressure on the bill's actual sponsor. While this tactic has served us well in the past the sponsor feels no pressure and usually continues to promulgate legislation that is counterproductive to our way of life, gun ownership and hunting.

I feel it’s time for us to put pressure on the bill's sponsor just like the animal rights and anti-gun ownership factions do to drive their points of view home.

That’s why I am asking you to get involved and make calls to the sponsor of Senate bill S-3541, Senator Nilsa Cruz-Perez, to let her know how we feel about this legislation. This bill would make all contests involving wildlife illegal, no more big buck contests, no deer classic awards and yes, no squirrel hunts to raise funds for clubs.

HOW TO STOP THIS BILL

CALL the sponsor of this bill, Senator Nilsa Cruz-Perez at either 856-547-4800 or 856-541-1251 - these are her office numbers.

When calling about our opposition to the bill we should identify our self and the organizations we belong to, NJSFSC or NJOA, can identify both.

Talking Points To Cover

Wildlife is protected by title 23 laws and regulations.

Seasons and bag limits are set by law and reviewed by council to ensure that all wildlife is protected.

Once an animal is harvested it becomes part of that person’s bag limit

Contests have nothing to do with the illegal harvest of wildlife in fact all entries must be legally taken.

The misinformation that surrounded the squirrel hunt from the anti-hunting extremists was filled with lies. Among the bogus claims: Hunters were keeping squirrels in cages to kill for the event, hunters had been baiting squirrels for weeks to slaughter them - NONE of which is true.

As with all hunting it is just that, hunting, and in this case a total of 3 animals were legally harvested during the event.

Squirrels are an under-utilized species that, when left to increase unchecked, have caused numerous problems to home owners through their ability to chew into buildings, destroying attics, ceilings, getting into walls and air vents and other things.

There is no need for this type of legislation and it is just a knee jerk reaction to the total distortion of the facts by the anti-hunting extremist organizations.

In the future, before you sponsor legislation dealing with wildlife it would be in your best interests to contact someone from either the NJOA or the NJSFSC to get the true facts behind the issue.

Once her office receives, I hope, over 300 calls, she will realize that we have a voice and that our voice is based on fact and science not emotion and fiction.  If we do not show our passion for our way of life and the sport of hunting, we will continue to be at risk of losing them.

For the future of our sports,

Ed Markowski, President
New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Edited by Live to Hunt

New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs

http://www.njsfsc.org/

Since I don't live in NJ they don't consider me a constituent. I get told go pound sand.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

32 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Since I don't live in NJ they don't consider me a constituent. I get told go pound sand.

Still call, the anti's get people to call to NJ from all over the world

doesn't even take 2 minutes. I just did it - took maybe 60 seconds. :) Lady on the phone was nice - just say you would like to register your opposition to S-3451. I gave my name, county, and town I lived in. I opted not to leave my phone number. And done. No more than 60 seconds out of my day.

Has anyone actually read this proposed law???

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S4000/3541_I1.HTM

First, it doesn't include fishing tournaments. I'm curious what the rationale is. Why can't you have a squirrel tournament but you can have a fishing tournament? HEY! FISH ARE PEOPLE TOO!!

I guess squirrels are cute, bass are not??? Soooo.... maybe that is why???? I don't understand.

Anyway, now get a load of this requirement:

Any covered wildlife injured as a result of a competitive event held in violation of this section shall be transported to a licensed wildlife rehabilitator or State licensed veterinarian for proper treatment or, if necessary, the administration of humane euthanasia.  Euthanasia shall only be administered after the best efforts to rehabilitate and release the animal have failed.

:blink:

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Has anyone actually read this proposed law???

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S4000/3541_I1.HTM

First, it doesn't include fishing tournaments. I'm curious what the rationale is. Why can't you have a squirrel tournament but you can have a fishing tournament? HEY! FISH ARE PEOPLE TOO!!

I guess squirrels are cute, bass are not??? Soooo.... maybe that is why???? I don't understand.

Anyway, now get a load of this requirement:

:blink:

Because these loons aren't enraged about a fishing tournament right now...it's about squirrels and fur right now..just another emotional flavor of the month. Wait til something happens in a salt-water tournament, bet dollars to donuts some other proposal will surface....wait until the bear hunt comes back around. All we will hear about and squirrels will be forgotten. Just the way the toilet bowl flushes. Goes around and around.

28 minutes ago, LifeOutside773 said:

It does mention fishing. It says it covers all animals "except fish"

Right, that's what I was trying to say ... it specifically has wording that excludes fishing tourneys from this prohibition - so it allows fishing tournaments.

Covered wildlife means all animal life existing in a wild state, or any part, product, egg, or offspring, or the dead body or parts, thereof, except for fish, shellfish, mollusks, or crustaceans.

2.    a.  It shall be unlawful to harass or take covered wildlife at a competitive event.

I guess they will "allow" us to have crab bakes, too, since it excludes crustaceans.

BUT!!! BUT!!!! PETA SAYS THIS IS NOT OK!! CRABS AND FISH ARE SELF-AWARE!! SEE THE INDIVIDUAL, DAMMIT!  

Im-ME-Not-MEAT-fish.png

peta-sign.png