IGNORED

2019 Garden thread

8 hours ago, B B said:

I haven't messed with a garden for years now, but my neighbor has more than enough to go around.  I just blame the deer for his missing veggies.  Then I shoot the deer.  It's a win, win for me!  

Yeah, that works. :cool:

Looks like you have a new neighbor coming in behind you there soon. Hope they are not PETA freaks.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

11 hours ago, DV1 said:

Yeah, that works. :cool:

Looks like you have a new neighbor coming in behind you there soon. Hope they are not PETA freaks.

Yeah, they're closing in around me, but them people building behind me they're good people.  I knew it was just matter of time, but the guys a Marine, so you know he's good in my book.  Besides, once all them nice new beautiful flowers get planted around their nice new house and the deer feast....  you know where I'm goin with this.

I'm on my way out Doug, Tennessee is in our future. 

2 hours ago, B B said:

I'm on my way out Doug, Tennessee is in our future. 

As soon as my 22 and 25 yr old can support themselves, we are out too. Wife is ready to go (so she says) so it's on. Selling the house might be the biggest problem. There are a lot of them for sale within a few miles of me, and nothing is moving right now. Might have to just price it way down and take the hit to get out as soon as possible. If I leave it on the market for 2 years, like a lot of these places are, that's an extra 20k in property taxes that comes off the price anyhow, so might as well make the asking price hard to ignore. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

The number of foreclosures in our area right now is devastating to anyone trying to sell.  When the time comes I don't care if I give it away as long as I see NJ in my dust.

Woodchucks are killing me this year.  Been using the crossbow and havahart with some success but they are still coming.  I can't use a rifle where i live.  Any other tips to catch them?  Tried everything for bait from cantaloupe to strawberries, apple etc..  

I have to say that one of the best things about living in Asbury is that nobody bats an eyelid when you shoot a rifle in your yard.

The skunk tally here is 5 since Friday:

The dog 2 - me and my 22LR 3

We keep honeybees so they cannot be allowed to get settled and claim residency.

Edited by madeinuk

8 hours ago, MikeStaten said:

Woodchucks are killing me this year.  Been using the crossbow and havahart with some success but they are still coming.  I can't use a rifle where i live.  Any other tips to catch them?  Tried everything for bait from cantaloupe to strawberries, apple etc..  

Cable restraints work well.

30 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

My tomato plants don't have anywhere close to the amount of flowers as in previous years, at least up until now.  Anyone else also experiencing the same thing?

What variety? I picked 4 days ago,more coming.

Early girls.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt