IGNORED

Shad Fishing

MGHunter66

Well in talks with the folks on here seems we have shad fisherman from the Pork Roll South all the way up to the Taylor Ham North. Where do you all fish? I start around my immediate area and travel i would say as far as Easton depending on the run and how quickly I get bored of catching herring like looking fish

AWM

I wanna learn your LOCAL spot.

word is they may soon open that water.

As far as the Big D.

from washingtons crossing  up to above the gap.

I like that you can fish many different ways for them., Boat , shore , wading etc 

But really like wade fishing for them .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

But really like wade fishing for them

Me too, i would rather wade for most fish.

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I wanna learn your LOCAL spot

No problem, plenty of room since i am the only one out there :ninja:

AWM

I fished Lambertville for first time last year, only started fishing Easton about 5-6 years ago. But since 1970, mainly fished just North of Bushkill, just south of Dingmans but also Milford PA.   
Now I can say my main range is Lambertville through Easton all through the Water gap, and up near Dingmans.  I have so many spots can't fish them all in a season.  Lost a lot of good shore spots too on a section of road near Walpack that been closed for many years. Had some real honey holes in there.   Need a jet boat to get to them (if only  I were buddies with someone that had a nice jet boat LOL )

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

38 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I fished Lambertville for first time last year, only started fishing Easton about 5-6 years ago. But since 1970, mainly fished just North of Bushkill, just south of Dingmans but also Milford PA.   
Now I can say my main range is Lambertville through Easton all through the Water gap, and up near Dingmans.  I have so many spots can't fish them all in a season.  Lost a lot of good shore spots too on a section of road near Walpack that been closed for many years. Had some real honey holes in there.   Need a jet boat to get to them (if only  I were buddies with someone that had a nice jet boat LOL )

Lots of good spots below Lambertville.

Lots good spots between there and Easton.

more good ones above Pburg, and then on north to Bvdere. then the gap.

Def have a tough time fishing all the areas .

BUT all those spots get heavy traffic.

In the 80's was all about the Easton area , 90's it was all Lambertville till had to move north.

Now im going to put the boat in and follow them ALL the way up from Trenton to the gap, hoping to catch a few :up:

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

41 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

The  boat  is fun Dan - still great to just put the waders on and cast too.  Like those 3 hour casting sessions a lot!

some friends of mine have been taking the boat to places guys wont walk. then wade fishing those areas without anyone else around

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

Used to go up into NY.  Often went by the 84 bridge.  Last time I went it was in my sons boat by dingmans, where a couple guys drowned a week or two earlier when they capsized.  We anchored in a strong current that dragged the anchor a ways.   I looked down in the water where we stopped, and saw a pile of tools on the bottom.  Said to my son, this must be where they flipped the boat.  We went to leave, and I couldn't pull up the anchor.  It was stuck, so my son cranked on the motor against the current to get above the big rock it was stuck under.  When he got next to the rock, the current going around it pushed the boat sideways and the boat took off across the current.  Anchor rope pulled tight and nearly flipped us before my son could let off the gas.  We looked at each other in fear, and I said, now we now what most likely happened to the guys that drowned.  We cut the anchor rope.

Going to look for a way to walk back to the river between 23 and 206.

Edited by Greybeard

That’s one of those moments you never forget Greybeard. Seen many boats go under years ago when Bulls Island wingdam was deeper along the sides. 14’ boat with three guys come up river, throw anchor out and tie over bow, anchor tightens and pulls front right under, go rescue floating fisherman :shakehead:

AWM