Bonefreak

Weird n funny dream....Grateful Dead fans

2 hours ago, gregtpal said:

Yep..pretty sure there will be gd music before & after....maybe even bob will drift over.  We going buena sera before, jamian after..ill keep an eye out for you but unless youre in camo, it gets tough...belive it or not, i look nothing like my avatar...look for an old guy with glasses & short grey hair, looking more like a cop than a stoner with a slightly younger gf in tow..

My camo st paddy's tie dye for the night!  Holler if u see me gregtpal!!

20190314_131816.jpg

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

Saw many shows at capital in passaic, roosevelt stadium, etc.  Possibly the Best decision of my life was me & gf going to englishtown on my motorcycle...i avoided the massive traffic jam & rode right up to front gate & parked.  After show, took my street bike through farm fields & a creek crossing to avoid the mess on the way out too...not a true dead head but like the music & crowd. probably seen 30+ shows mainly because i always went out with hippie chicks who were..going tonight mainly because she loves bob & co

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

My camo st paddy's tie dye for the night!  Holler if u see me gregtpal!!

20190314_131816.jpg

I assumed the bone in yr screen name was an antler reference...not so sure now....well discuss further at the show...pretty sure ill notice the shirt

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

Saw many shows at capital in passaic, roosevelt stadium, etc.  Possibly the Best decision of my life was me & gf going to englishtown on my motorcycle...i avoided the massive traffic jam & rode right up to front gate & parked.  After show, took my street bike through farm fields & a creek crossing to avoid the mess on the way out too...not a true dead head but like the music & crowd. probably seen 30+ shows mainly because i always went out with hippie chicks who were..going tonight mainly because she loves bob & co

LOL,Cool! you may have passed me,I got dropped off by my cousin had to walk a mile in hooked up with people from my town an got a ride out Sunday night. Remember back by the Porta Potties where you can get the water we had garden hoses Cohoes kept getting shorter and shorter cuz people are cutting it so that they could get the water haha and the girl went into labor way in the back and they announce for the people to part like the sea in the middle of the crowd to get her to the stage and they had a helicopter fly in behind the stage and take her to the hospital. Have a great time tonight guys.:peace:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

Englishtown was my first show, my first show at the Capitol was a Jerry show 2 months later.

Last shows were the two in St. Louis, they played 2 more at Soldier Field a week later and that was it.  All of us except the vehicle owner wanted to stop for the Chicago shows, but he had to get back for work. We kept busting him about how this might be their last show, as fate would have it, it was.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Coolest place I saw them was Red Rocks.  Best place I ever saw them was Alpine Valley, Wisconsin where Stevie Ray Vaughan was later killed in the helicopter crash.  It was a great outdoor amphitheater and everyone camped in the surrounding corn fields.  I caught them several straight years for all their Alpine Valley shows in the late 80s.  Worked as a sales rep in a suit and tie during the day, and tie dye and shorts in the evenings.  :)   I gave out my first miracle at one of those shows on a cold, rainy night.  And yes, they did play Cold Rain and Snow for us.  :whoo:

Edited by Bucksnbows
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

So....me and a friend are going to the Bob Weir (Grateful Dead) n Wolf Brothers show tonight .....so last night my dream was that we went to the show, partied out, hung out w fellow brutha n sista heads, but the following day (tomorrow), I cudnt remember anything about the show, what songs were played, friends I didn't meet up with, etc.....cudnt figure it out....what the heck happened at the show!!??

When I woke up....it all came together.....cuz the show hadnt happened yet!!! Lol 

Long strange trip it's been!!!

I went to last nights show...always a good time! Hard to believe Weir is still rolling along!! It's all good! Enjoy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Did Marshal Tucker Band play at Englishtown with the Dead? If so, I was there. I just remember some big concert there. Traffic to get into the place. I think the locals were gouging people selling water.

Not much of a Dead Head, but had a buddy that was a diehard.

".... Roosevelt Stadium …"  Blast from the past. Fried many brain cells at that crazy place … Allman Bros .. Ten Years After ...etc

Edited by BothBarrels
  • Like 2

Seen the Dead a few hundred times. Was a taper and did a few west coast to east coast tours. Saw them play JFK stadium was the last concerts in it before the tore it down. Camped in the park across the street for the first 4 show before the cops kicked us out. For the last 2 shows slept in the back of my pickup on the streets of Philly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

Ripple is my favorite song.

Had a red fronted parrot that used to sing the chorus to ripple.

I was a fan and went to a ton of shows but my buddies were true deadheads.

Most of them are very successful marijuana farmers now.

Have fun at the shows.

Havent seen them since Jerry passed.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

LOL,Cool! you may have passed me,I got dropped off by my cousin had to walk a mile in hooked up with people from my town an got a ride out Sunday night. Remember back by the Porta Potties where you can get the water we had garden hoses Cohoes kept getting shorter and shorter cuz people are cutting it so that they could get the water haha and the girl went into labor way in the back and they announce for the people to part like the sea in the middle of the crowd to get her to the stage and they had a helicopter fly in behind the stage and take her to the hospital. Have a great time tonight guys.:peace:

We took another step back....

2 hours ago, BothBarrels said:

Did Marshal Tucker Band play at Englishtown with the Dead? If so, I was there. I just remember some big concert there. Traffic to get into the place. I think the locals were gouging people selling water.

Not much of a Dead Head, but had a buddy that was a diehard.

".... Roosevelt Stadium …"  Blast from the past. Fried many brain cells at that crazy place … Allman Bros .. Ten Years After ...etc

Yup!

• Like 1