Bonefreak

Weird n funny dream....Grateful Dead fans

So....me and a friend are going to the Bob Weir (Grateful Dead) n Wolf Brothers show tonight .....so last night my dream was that we went to the show, partied out, hung out w fellow brutha n sista heads, but the following day (tomorrow), I cudnt remember anything about the show, what songs were played, friends I didn't meet up with, etc.....cudnt figure it out....what the heck happened at the show!!??

When I woke up....it all came together.....cuz the show hadnt happened yet!!! Lol 

Long strange trip it's been!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 6

The mushrooms should be eaten an hour or two before the show, not the day before...ill be there tonight too.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 2

Happened to me more than once at Alpine Valley shows in Wisconsin back in the late 80s :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

42 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

The mushrooms should be eaten an hour or two before the show, not the day before...ill be there tonight too.. 

Outstanding!!

Guna pregame at Jamian's Pub....i think the owners are deadheads & should be playing Live Dead at the bar!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Outstanding!!

Guna pregame at Jamian's Pub....i think the owners are deadheads & should be playing Live Dead at the bar!

Yep..pretty sure there will be gd music before & after....maybe even bob will drift over.  We going buena sera before, jamian after..ill keep an eye out for you but unless youre in camo, it gets tough...belive it or not, i look nothing like my avatar...look for an old guy with glasses & short grey hair, looking more like a cop than a stoner with a slightly younger gf in tow..

• Haha 3

I miss spring tour!!! Showing my age, I know.  But I always looked forward to catching as many shows as I could wherever I was living in the country at that time.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Slayer1962 said:

Saw Jerry one of his past shows in the Meadowlands. 

His last show 1995.

https://www.dead.net/show/june-19-1995

Going to show my age. I Used to see him in the Capitol Theater in Passaic. last time I saw him was a Weekend concert in Englishtown,1977.:smoking:

https://www.jambase.com/article/100k-descend-upon-central-new-jersey-for-grateful-dead-show-on-this-date-in-1977

.https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grateful-dead/6656762/grateful-dead-jerry-garcia-death-20th-anniversary.

https://archive.org/details/gd1977-09-03.aud.stiegler.91230.sbeok.flac16

Edited by hunterbob1
  • Like 3
  • Winner 1

54 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

Yep..pretty sure there will be gd music before & after....maybe even bob will drift over.  We going buena sera before, jamian after..ill keep an eye out for you but unless youre in camo, it gets tough...belive it or not, i look nothing like my avatar...look for an old guy with glasses & short grey hair, looking more like a cop than a stoner with a slightly younger gf in tow..

My bro n pal went last night n said they played a nice show...n there was some chatter that Bobby may go to the bar n play w the local band Dead Bank.....they stayed til 1 AM but he was a no show. ...maybe tonight....Lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

My bro n pal went last night n said they played a nice show...n there was some chatter that Bobby may go to the bar n play w the local band Dead Bank.....they stayed til 1 AM but he was a no show. ...maybe tonight....Lol

Bobby played at my college with his band The Midnights in maybe '83-'85 and Dead Heads packed our campus because of a rumor that the Dead were going to crash his show.  Of course, that never happened either. :) 

• Haha 1

You won't remember anything tomorrow morning either.  Only time I saw them is when I was doing work at the arena, and they were setting up for a show that night.