IGNORED

Mossberg 510

Swamprat

This is to help a parent with choosing a gun for our future lil hunters. I have 2 boys (14 And almost 11). They love shooting. Love being the woods. The one issue for them was carrying a gun for a long period. And when it came time to fire their arms were fatigued. The Mossberg 510 isn't the cure all but my younger son loves it. It has a 18" barrel. Everything is shorter , lighter, and easier handling for a young Hunter. 

Pics are of a Mossberg 500 bantam (camo) and the Mossberg 510 (black). 

The biggest issue for my boy was once he shouldered the gun it was too front heavy to keep it raised. I think the 510 improves that. 

Yes their is more recoil. Stick with low brass for target/Clay's. High brass for hunting. 

IMG_20190314_085618359.jpg

IMG_20190314_085641823.jpg

1 hour ago, Bones said:

Nice is that a youth model or did you have to customize it to be a youth model.

i have the youth 870 20 gauge I used when I was a youngster but I still have a few years before I get to hand it off.

Both guns are youth models. The camo one is the 500 bantam. The black one is the 510 youth. Both made by Mossberg. The 510 is SMALL. Lol 

Anytime you wanna see them give me a holler. 

Nick

I bought my wife the 510 youth last year.  She's a hundred pounds soaking wet.   It worked well for her and it's the typical well built Mossberg.  I might take it out myself, it's like you're not even carrying a gun....  if she lets me :letsparty:

10 minutes ago, B B said:

I bought my wife the 510 youth last year.  She's a hundred pounds soaking wet.   It worked well for her and it's the typical well built Mossberg.  I might take it out myself, it's like you're not even carrying a gun....  if she lets me :letsparty:

Absolutely. Feels like a toy. Have you fired it?  It's a handful. 

Now put an adult stock on it and it's a whole new gun.  Probably be a great self defense weapon. 

We've already decided we ain't using it for turkey. 3" turkey loads were pretty stout. Lol 

We'll use the 500 or a 11-87 20ga I have.