IGNORED

Kennedy Pond

LifeOutside773

Yeah, but he's 4. It's better to take them somewhere with a decent chance of catching something. I don't want him to think fishing is boring. I think he'll like getting up opening day of trout with me. I might just tell him we are waiting for that. I can't imagine that pond is stocked very well

Edited by LifeOutside773

I don't know this Kennedy Pond, but every pond that I know of that I've fished (or know is fishable) has sunnies everywhere. Go to Walmart, buy a $2 cup of nightcrawlers and just throw out a hook and bobber and you most likely are going to catch alot of fish that a 4-year old will get a huge kick out of! 4 year olds don't care if a fish is a 5 pound bass or an 8 ounce sunny - any kind of fish to see and touch is a new experience to them. And with nightcrawlers, you can usually catch a bunch.

2 hours ago, LifeOutside773 said:

Yeah, but he's 4. It's better to take them somewhere with a decent chance of catching something. I don't want him to think fishing is boring. I think he'll like getting up opening day of trout with me. I might just tell him we are waiting for that. I can't imagine that pond is stocked very well

At 4 its just cool to be with dad. And if they get bored that's ok. Call it a day.