Farmshine

Took a quick trip to Maine

Looks like an awesome trip. Great pics! :up:

Tons of snow this year. I just got back from my ADK camp and there was still over 4 feet on the ground. They will be snow mobiling for another month. Not great for the deer though. Been at least 3 feet on the ground since early november.

3+ feet at my brothers place too. Great for snow mobiles, bad for deer. Hunting is normally tough in Maine, going to be a lot tougher for the next few seasons. Coyotes are having a field day with the deer. Locals say is a total slaughter.

I like Maine a lot.

One of my sons went to school at U Maine on Orono. It's cool to be driving along the highway, and see a moose standing in the swamp just off the road.

Jeez, with the global warming I am surprised there is that much snow!!  Maybe send al gore a pic.

I myself fully embracing my love for this fine state and doing my best to limit my carbon footprint stood closer to home this weekend and indulged in some of Jersey's finer sites.....

turnpike.jpg

newark.jpg

newark1.jpg

On 3/13/2019 at 12:34 PM, nmc02 said:

My buddy at work owns a place on Moosehead lake and said the same....he was there over the weekend and snow was the best its been in years. Love going up there....haven't been since before I had kids. 

went and stayed on Moosehead lake a few years back, house rental on the road where Maynard's cabins is....great spot