IGNORED

Took a quick trip to Maine

Went up to Maine Wed-Sun to do some snowmobiling. Our cabin is just south of Rangeley Lake in Western Maine. The trails and riding was as good as it gets! Locals said it’s the most snow they have had on the ground in over 30 years. It was tough to tell how deep but it looked like 3ft+ roadside and 5ft+ in the mountains.

IMG_4284.jpg

Looking west at Sunday River and Mt Washington

IMG_4301.jpg

Sunset at Rangeley Lake from the Hungry Trout

IMG_4270.jpg

View from Colonel Hohlman Mt

IMG_4300.jpg

Moose Shed found on property over the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not hunted the property. We have 165 acres that borders paper property. The hunting is tough in this area. Of the 16 members I’d say maybe 6 or 7 hunt and the success rate is every other year or so. Truthfully the hunting is better here in NJ and I’m usually busy with kids football in November. One day when life slows down I’m gona head up there, even if it’s for no other reason then getting away and taking the gun for a walk.

Given the choice I wouldn't want to live anywhere in NJ other than Bethlehem Township, but given the choice of living anywhere in the country, I wouldn't choose anywhere but Maine.  That particular region (Western Mountains) too.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

I was on a conference call yesterday with a guy who lives in CT but has a cabin and snowmobiles in Maine.  He said it's his best season ever!  

I should add that there's some great fishing for landlocks and brookies in the Rangeley Lakes region. :flyfish:

Edited by Bucksnbows

Farmshine , some great pics !  My family lives right up that way in Rumford , and Dixfield . I shot my buck this year in Andover . They’ve been riding the sleds non stop with all the snow . Looks like it was a great trip!

Our cabin is actually in East Dixfield and we always ride toward Rumford / Andover and north to Rangeley or west to Bethel. A friend who lives on Roxbury pond has 9 moose on a salt lick this winter. It’s a beautiful area.

52 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Our cabin is actually in East Dixfield and we always ride toward Rumford / Andover and north to Rangeley or west to Bethel. A friend who lives on Roxbury pond has 9 moose on a salt lick this winter. It’s a beautiful area.

Small world . Great area ! I fished Roxbury pond this past September when I was up on my bear hunt . It certainly is beautiful . Still a chance I’ll settle down there eventually , but we will see .