IGNORED

ice fished the lake hopatcong saturday

fdsmiles

my son and i headed out saturday morning early.we were cutting hole by 6am.we had great action with crappy,perch and bluegills till 10am and it slowed to a good pick.we easily had our crappie limits with fish between  12-14 inch's.we fished 5-7 fow

and had the crappies were following the jigs up right to the hole.i was hooking them a foot under the ice.we fished till 10:30 and called it a day.it was a great way to end another good year of hard water fishing.

Damn I live in NW NJ and haven’t seen any ice I would trust in weeks?  I can’t believe Hopatcong had safe ice.  Cranberry Lake been wide open. Aero flex too. Many others half or completely open.  What cove were you on?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

4 hours ago, fdsmiles said:

my son and i headed out saturday morning early.we were cutting hole by 6am.we had great action with crappy,perch and bluegills till 10am and it slowed to a good pick.we easily had our crappie limits with fish between  12-14 inch's.we fished 5-7 fow

and had the crappies were following the jigs up right to the hole.i was hooking them a foot under the ice.we fished till 10:30 and called it a day.it was a great way to end another good year of hard water fishing.

We were out Saturday afternoon. Had lots of fun and caught some Perch and Crappies.  On the warm side and not too many people out there but it was a good time. 

9 hours ago, mvl30 said:

Furnace lake had 4 inches of ice in some spots on the edges, middle had open water Satureday morning. The rain this weekend and the warm temps this week I'm sure ice fishing is over now.

20190307_100051.jpg

Nice fish.  :up::up: