Batsto

Turkey Vulture Invasion.

Ive noticed a big increase in buzzards. They are filthy nasty animals. Maybe a play out of the farmers handbook. A .22 works wonders

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

They can be destructive bastards. Pulled the rubber off around my wife’s sunroof on her new car. $100 :rant:

• Like 1

With lots of road kill deer to feast upon in that area, they are not going anywhere 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Two houses on the way to church always have these turkey buzzards on their roofs - the amount of poop on the roofs was disgusting... and who knows what kind of damage they are doing to the shingles. One of the houses was the church's parsonage :shock: so the trustees installed some kind of spike strip or something on the peak of the roof and that did the trick. Now they all go over to that other house :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YurytheRed said:

I'll beg to disagree, even a mother would hate that face..

You maybe right

94655504.0XgjQEaX.IMG_2615_2.jpg

142714536.tVnOulLY.IMG_0931_2.jpg

• Like 1

They are the ugliest and smelliest bird out there.

You want to see buzzards, come to my house at feeding time when I empty carcasses. 

• Like 1

they are pretty amazing. I was in the backyard and my son spots one on neighbors shed. I take a look and an opossum died behind shed. Couldn't have been more that a few hours old. Fricken thing found it.

Other neighbor plays hawk screeches to keep them off his high roof and a tall pine tree that the roost in every year.

10 minutes ago, mightyhunter said:

They have a purpose, clean up duty

Wounded a deer?Tracked an lost?Follow the sky,listen.

I can see another $28.00 permit coming down the pipe:up:

9 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Two houses on the way to church always have these turkey buzzards on their roofs - the amount of poop on the roofs was disgusting... and who knows what kind of damage they are doing to the shingles. One of the houses was the church's parsonage :shock: so the trustees installed some kind of spike strip or something on the peak of the roof and that did the trick. Now they all go over to that other house :D 

If you eat one of these cook it outside. Or the old lady will be watching these buzzards from the kitchen window feeding on your carcass in the backyard. Poor mans crow.lol