IGNORED

$100 New Jersey Bear Tag

13 hours ago, NJSFSC said:

So, Guv Murphy proposed a new budget and hopes to raise the NJ Bear tag from $2. to $100. Seems like we are going to have a fight on our hands!!  

Is that per zone? So if i get one for zone 1 it would be $100 and if for Zone 2 it would be another $100

2 hours ago, NJSFSC said:

Needless to say, but the Federation will be fighting this. There is strength in numbers, and Murphy is no friend of the sportsman! 

How did the Federation do fighting the closure of state lands to bear hunting............??????

27 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

Is that per zone? So if i get one for zone 1 it would be $100 and if for Zone 2 it would be another $100

I would assume so. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

1 hour ago, bob kudile said:

i think the 2.00 tag is due to the fact. if the kill reaches the goal, the season will be canceled. the 2.00 fee will not be refunded and not be a hardship. help me out bucks and bows aka the spinner.

The $2 fee was so that the Fish & Game Council would not be able to be portrayed by the anti bear group as money grabbing.  That tiny fee took away that argument from the antis which is the sole reason it was done that way.  NY does not have a separate bear permit fee, it comes with your big game license.  I have a call in to one of my buddies on the Council to learn more as if can Murphy run the $100 fee into the General Treasury or would it be kept in the dedicated F&W fund?  Murphy is playing games, because a few thousand dollars isn't going very far against his $38 billion NJ state budget he just released (up another 3% over last year in a state with shrinking revenues).  

Just now, 1563621 said:

I would like to know who on this site voted for this JERKOFF other than the 2 we know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me but, please I already am in for it Saturday :pout:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

The $2 fee was so that the Fish & Game Council would not be able to be portrayed by the anti bear group as money grabbing.  That tiny fee took away that argument from the antis which is the sole reason it was done that way.  NY does not have a separate bear permit fee, it comes with your big game license.  I have a call in to one of my buddies on the Council to learn more as if can Murphy run the $100 fee into the General Treasury or would it be kept in the dedicated F&W fund?  Murphy is playing games, because a few thousand dollars isn't going very far against his $38 billion NJ state budget he just released (up another 3% over last year in a state with shrinking revenues).  

Precisely!!

15 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

The reason why it has always been $2 is previous administrations did not want it to look like the state was profiting from killing bears.....

So....now we can just put the spin on it that other governors did not want....Murphy says it's ok to kill em.....but it's guna cost ya!!!

With that kinda spin....save ur WAWA money n lets all buy the tag and show the antis how much their pal is profiting from killing bears!!

I havnt bought permits in past years....but I think I wud now n really hunt em hard, rather than target deer n jus hope to see a bear. 

Precisely!!

4 hours ago, Daktari said:

How did the Federation do fighting the closure of state lands to bear hunting............??????

The NJOA is taking the lead on this, and it's in court. The last  bear lawsuit brought by the antis was dismissed in whole. Lawsuits are slow and expensive.

Hope your question has been answered.

New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs

http://www.njsfsc.org/