IGNORED

It's Been Recommended if You Want to Try

archer36

Buck154, those look GREAT! The thing I like most about the Sous Vide is that with other cooking methods, you will get an area around the meat that will be well done and the middle rare. The Sous Vide method allows all the meat to be evenly "rare". 

Good for meats such as thick steaks, pork chops/loin and great for salmon. Main benefit is being able to get that perfect temp. without overcooking. If you've never had medium pork or salmon, that's the first thing you should make with it.

For larger roasts, you can do them sous vide, but expect really long cooking time - like > 1 day; I prefer to smoke or slow-cook  them.

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

Buck154, those look GREAT! The thing I like most about the Sous Vide is that with other cooking methods, you will get an area around the meat that will be well done and the middle rare. The Sous Vide method allows all the meat to be evenly "rare". 

Yes that's what he said. He said you can see how it does not do that. And he said it is so tender cause of the slower precise temperature.