Lou.D

Quick Trip to St. Augestine.

Looks like a fun trip!! Family, fishing, and warmth..... Pretty hard to beat!!👍👍

• Like 1

I vacation at Crescent Beach at the end of August every year. I have tried fishing under the 206 bridge not much luck. Any suggestions I stay down by Devils Elbow. Thanks for any info I love that area!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Nice! I lived there for 5 years, that's actually where i met my wife, which is how i ended up in NJ. Ill be there in August,  i think i know exactly where you were in that first picture,  down at Mantanza inlet? I'll be at Crecent Beach for a couple weeks in August, ready to get on some snappers, flounder, and red fish! Not to mention I'll be getting on some night time hog hunting out in Palatka. We go every year, we both have family and friends out there. 

Edited by LifeOutside773
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, LifeOutside773 said:

Nice! I lived there for 5 years, that's actually where i met my wife, which is how i ended up in NJ. Ill be there in August,  i think i know exactly where you were in that first picture,  down at Mantanza inlet? I'll be at Crecent Beach for a couple weeks in August, ready to get on some snappers, flounder, and red fish! Not to mention I'll be getting on some night time hog hunting out in Palatka. We go every year, we both have family and friends out there. 

My brother has land in Palatka.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hooks91 said:

I vacation at Crescent Beach at the end of August every year. I have tried fishing under the 206 bridge not much luck. Any suggestions I stay down by Devils Elbow. Thanks for any info I love that area!

I'll be there from August 10th to the 25th this year at Four Winds. Our family has a condo there and my wife has family in Palatka. I suggest you head over to the inlet by Marine land. We will be out on the boat while I'm there. It fits 2 people but there will be 3 of us lol, otherwise i would invite you.

17 hours ago, hooks91 said:

@hooks91 I also fished the 206 bridge and had some jacks and small seabass action but was targeting sheepshead. As @LifeOutside773 mentioned, those fish were caught a little south of you at Matanza Inlet and Rattlesnake Island. Lots of good current on a tide swing with a mixed bag opportunity of reds, specs, black drum and sheepshead. Good luck. Cant wait to get back! 

17 hours ago, LifeOutside773 said:

Good luck!

• Like 1

You picked a good time to go lou, freezing in nj

• Like 1

I'll be there from August 10th to the 25th this year at Four Winds. Our family has a condo there and my wife has family in Palatka. I suggest you head over to the inlet by Marine land. We will be out on the boat while I'm there. It fits 2 people but there will be 3 of us lol, otherwise i would invite you.

Life Outside773 we will be neighbors for a week. I will be there from the 19th till Labor Day. I will be staying next door at the Sand Dollar!

• Like 2