IGNORED

Turkey Vest Recommendations???

CatchinDeers243

Not sure if it was made by Mossy Oak or NWTF, but the couple I have that I like the best are basically a plain vest and has the NWTF patch on it. Room for all basic stuff calls, few shells, etc and is not too heavy or made out of thick material. Some of these vests they are making  are getting crazy with all the gadgets they add to them ( built in seat frames, etc).  Also like using the same vest during the trapping season.  The pic is similar to what I have

MOSSY-OAK-TURKEY-HUNTING-VEST-Super-Elite-ll-Size.jpg

Edited by Silver Belly62

I have an older (4 years ago) Cabelas vest and like it a lot. HAs the fold down foam seat which sometimes comes in handy a large pocket in the back to stuff my decoy(s) and pockets on the exterior and interior for calls, strykers, box call, etc.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Love my Tactical Tat'r vest.  I like the seat option on it.  Just practice setting up quickly like when you run and gun and make sure you can sit quickly and easily reach the most needed items in your vest without tons of movement.  

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Love my Tactical Tat'r vest.  I like the seat option on it.  Just practice setting up quickly like when you run and gun and make sure you can sit quickly and easily reach the most needed items in your vest without tons of movement.  

Have the same one w/the “Couch Potato” sear. Been using it for 4-5 years and shows no wear. Lots of pockets

Got to play with and check out the Alps long spur run n gun vest. 

Over all I'm liking it.  Won't make a true determination until season when I can get some miles on it. Another plus to it is its totally adjustable.

The front pockets are detachable as is the butt pack.  The slate pockets are a little tight with my Koble call, but the primos fits with room to spare. I have 5 strikers in pocket behind slates with room to spare for a phone some granola bars and maybe a bottle of water, its pretty roomy as is other side for the box call. The box call pocket I wish had a divider in it to keep it quiet which is does not. I threw on a silencer and stuffed it in there and all is fine. The butt pack is very roomy and zipper detachable. The best option I think I like is there is a drop down game bag that folds up into the vest at your upper back.

IMG_3704.JPG

IMG_3705.JPG

IMG_3706.JPG