IGNORED

Interesting story of a buck killed not recovered not far from me

buckhound

1 hour ago, tcook8296 said:

Its a shame that Nj monster is gone. I read through this thread trying to figur out who to be more upset with. 

If the guy shot it legally, its very unfortunate he did not recover the buck. If he poached it. Then hes a real lowlife who should lose his hunting license for life. 

For the farmer that cut up the rack, is complete disrespect for the animal and sounds like complete jealousy. 

Ive seen and learned quite a few things over the years, antlers make people do stupid things. 

Most farmers I know hate deer. They love to shoot them at night and they obsess with those bucks just like legal hunters and love to brag when they kill them even if done with a spotlight. 

There are guys out there that will do anything to kill a buck. 

Poach, trespass ,whatever it takes. 

Whenever you get a CO involved and there is a set of antlers involved, more than likely they will take them. 

Either way, a beautiful buck dead and will never be seen again in the field or on the wall

Yup. I have seen about 5 B&C class NJ bucks in summer velvet, (1 was hard-horned 12, 180" that my son and I videoed as he ran around like an idiot the Saturday after Thanksgiving a few years back), and they all seem to disappear never to be seen or heard about again... the afore mentioned 12 pointer was killed the next summer by a young farmer that proceeded to cut the antlers off the head, thus making a record class buck nothing more than a set of rattling antlers. 

I grew up with farmers. I like farmers. I can empathize with their plight of crop damage caused by wild animals. But I can't wrap my head around their, "If I can't have it you can't have it, I raised it so I'm going to kill it before a license-buying sportsman can,  attitude." 

without me, my rifle is nothing

48 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

I don't think it's been said in 8 pages....

This would not have happened if he was shooting a RAGE!.  

Lol.  Flame away! :poke:

Winner :rofl:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, Swamprat said:

I don't think it's been said in 8 pages....

This would not have happened if he was shooting a RAGE!.  

Lol.  Flame away! :poke:

I think it happened BECAUSE it was a RAGE...  lol

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

On 2/27/2019 at 2:19 PM, buckhound said:

i have to say something :shakehead: someone from north jersey is calling those from the flatter part of the state hillbillies...:rofl:    I prefer redneck if you dont mind  :rofl:

That wasn’t a derogatory comment, I’m from Virginia and proud to called a hillbilly or redneck

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

14 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

TDietz.  Post that video of that buck if u don’t mind🤙

I can't find it. It wasn't filmed in digital, so though the single frames aren't the best quality...but you get the idea. Zone 8 warren county

bcbuck-1.JPG

bcbuck2-1.JPG

Edited by TDietz

without me, my rifle is nothing

23 hours ago, chenrossi said:

Just more ammo for antis seeing 'hunters' act this way over a set of antlers. If this doesn't scream trophy hunting and unappreciation for an animal's life to antis, I don't know what would.. Sad. Some guys have no idea the consequences of their actions can have for hunting here... 

What is wrong with trophy hunting? We are starting to think like antis