IGNORED

Interesting story of a buck killed not recovered not far from me

buckhound

22 hours ago, buckhound said:

I was just kidding  my Brooklyn born wife calls me redneck and hillbillie :rofl:  all the time I tell her the same thing...

I'm no hillbilly or redneck: 

"Swamp Yankee" is a colloquial pejorative for rural Yankees (northeastern Americans with English colonial ancestry). The term "Yankee" connotes urbane industriousness, whereas the term "Swamp Yankee" suggests a more countrified, stubborn, independent, and less-refined subtype.  The origin of the term "Swamp Yankee" is unclear. The term "Yankee" originated in the mid-17th century, but the variation "Swamp Yankee" is not attested until the 20th century, according to "Etymology Online".. Several theories speculate that "Swamp Yankees" were the undesirable, troublemaking New Englanders who moved to the "swamps" of southeastern New England upon arriving in the New World in the 17th century. It is possible that the term also meant that a person was unwanted in an unestablished town for having a relationship with an Indian. Others speculate that the original "Swamp Yankees" were colonial-era indentured servants who were paid for their service with swamp land from the farmers to whom they were indentured. Still others claim that "Swamp Yankees" had relatives who fought in the Great Swamp Fight of King Philip's War.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_Yankee

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive