I would say no unless it is not your land:shock:

But I am just guessing

Edited by Lunatic
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tuny said:

The ATV rider needs permission , and a helmet 

If you are right about the helmet then I am disgusted.

32 minutes ago, chuck172 said:

Are there any laws regarding atv use on private land? 

They are found in NJ Motor Vehicle Code Title 39. They start in 39:3c-1

Edited by Bucndoe

25 minutes ago, tuny said:

The ATV rider needs permission , and a helmet 

If that's true then once again I'm branded a criminal.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

You can get a DWI on private land , but you can refuse breath tests without consequence. The caveat to that would be an instance where a criminal act is being investigated, example 2 atv’s crash and there is injury. Then your blood can be subpoenaed. I know nobody ever has a beer and rides so I’m just saying....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

So if I'm riding my atv on my land, drinking a beer, not wearing a helmet, atv is unregistered, not insured, and a law enforcer wants to bust my balls--  He can?

37 minutes ago, chuck172 said:

So if I'm riding my atv on my land, drinking a beer, not wearing a helmet, atv is unregistered, not insured, and a law enforcer wants to bust my balls--  He can?

Not for unregistered or un insured but for the helmet and the beer yes provided he had reasonable suspicion of a crime or offence.. seeing you with a beer on ATV would be sufficient.

42 minutes ago, chuck172 said:

Sounds like you're inventing a problem.  What is it you're worried about?  I don't wear a seatbelt when I'm driving my truck around on my own property but I don't sit and worry about getting pulled over.  The only issue I might foresee is if there was an accident on your property your homeowner's insurance might not cover it if they find that state law says you should have been wearing a helmet and you weren't.  Other than that, I don't see what you're getting yourself all worked up about.

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

1 hour ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Sounds like you're inventing a problem.  What is it you're worried about?  I don't wear a seatbelt when I'm driving my truck around on my own property but I don't sit and worry about getting pulled over.  The only issue I might foresee is if there was an accident on your property your homeowner's insurance might not cover it if they find that state law says you should have been wearing a helmet and you weren't.  Other than that, I don't see what you're getting yourself all worked up about.

I am not an expert but I remember reading there are limits on what you can be nailed for by a cop on private property. I don't think seat belt is one of them. For private property it was impaired driving, reckless driving, hit and run and vehicular homicide. I maybe missing one or two but I don't think its seat belt.  By private I mean your property, not some road in town owned by home owner association.

Edited by Lunatic