Rusty

Batsto's 40 Push Up Challenge

I try to work out every other day. Some sit ups, 30 or so push ups and some free weight exercises. The older I get, the harder to find the motivation.  I did the 40 when I saw this, but I can feel the old man creeping uo on me. I will be 50 in November 

Now this is my idea of a push-up, I would consider.

01-mon-9015.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 3

13 minutes ago, Zipper said:

Now this is my idea of a push-up, I would consider.

01-mon-9015.jpg

they always work better when there is something to push up...  she passed the test

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I get to the gym 3-4 days per week. Do a quick mile on elliptical. Then I do one muscle,,,,4 excersizes 4 sets each. At 46, it's more than enough. Eating right is key. I maintain 180, but it's getting harder and harder to do so

I’m running a 8:30 mile at 45 years old and do my push-ups 3 sets to max amount. Lost 15 pounds from hunting season :rofl: 5  more to go. Feel the aches and pains but getting old is not for the weak.  Can’t wait for the snow to clear so I can start up my mountain again 

I get up at 4:30 am for work. 1.5 hour dive to work. Average day is 10 hours. drive home is normally 1.75 hours. 

My work out is the steering wheel of the Cadillac. lol

Once you hit your fifties you will understand that your average day is a work out lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

I’m running a 8:30 mile at 45 years old and do my push-ups 3 sets to max amount. Lost 15 pounds from hunting season :rofl: 5  more to go. Feel the aches and pains but getting old is not for the weak.  Can’t wait for the snow to clear so I can start up my mountain again 

Real men hike up snow-covered mountains, just sayin'.

9 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

This man has had some real man injuries so yea I am little smarter these days 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

This is my gym.  :D 

wood.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 8:17 AM, Pqreturn62 said:

Call it was it is, working out tends to be one of the first things that goes when life gets busy. But truth be told it’s an important thing to incorporate into your routine as it gives your brain the necessary rejuvenation period it needs to avoid going insane. I don’t pretend to work out as much as I did in my late teens and early twenties, but I do make sure that I do something every day. I have a family, high stress job, and more things to do every day than I ever thought possible like I’m sure many ppl on here do, but it’s so critical to carve out even just 15-20 minutes to go for a walk, carry some wood, shovel some snow, or basically anything that can force you to disengage your brain for a little while, and activate your heart. Maybe I’m a little biased here with my family’s history of type II Diabetes and heart attacks, but in my mind it always worth such a small portion of your day to find some way to exercise.

Agreed - just one more reason to love my dog because that forces me to walk 5 miles a day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, madeinuk said:

Agreed - just one more reason to love my dog because that forces me to walk 5 miles a day.

Dogs are a great motivator for getting exercise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

Dogs are a great motivator for getting exercise. 

Oh yea, i walk my dog a quick 3miles after work 5 days a week then off to the gym for a 20minute 4 mph & 4 degree incline tread mill, then 4reps each of presses, lat pull downs and 80lb weighted sit ups. This is all making me stronger with more stamina or killing me, haven’t figured it out yet :headscratch:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

I’m running a 8:30 mile at 45 years old and do my push-ups 3 sets to max amount. Feel the aches and pains but getting old is not for the weak.  Can’t wait for the snow to clear so I can start up my mountain again 

Go ahead, rub it in jackass.........I still can trip you with one of my crutches....:rofl:

"Lost 15 pounds from hunting season :rofl: 5  more to go."

Nice work Todd, keep going........:up:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LPJR said:

Go ahead, rub it in jackass.........I still can trip you with one of my crutches....:rofl:

You will be back Lou 

Just now, LPJR said:

i know his secret Lou.  I watched him at Jay's.. you think he is putting a little chaw in his mouth once in a while and spitting... I found out - IT'S CATNIP.   Well regarded for it's weight losing properties

• Haha 3