IGNORED

Lever Action

YurytheRed

Granted I'm late to the party ( shooting, hunting ) but I'm finding lever action guns to be an enjoyable time at the range. Have two by Henrys and with the wife's blessing ( permission!!) I will likely pick another one up. Darn addicting. In time I'm sure it will be me in a cardboard box with the dog and a gun safe.  

38 minutes ago, YurytheRed said:

Granted I'm late to the party ( shooting, hunting ) but I'm finding lever action guns to be an enjoyable time at the range. Have two by Henrys and with the wife's blessing ( permission!!) I will likely pick another one up. Darn addicting. In time I'm sure it will be me in a cardboard box with the dog and a gun safe.  

Whenever you are ready and want to take a drive down to PORK ROLL Country let me know and I'll introduce you to "flintlocks" !

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

28 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I grew up shooting various JM stamped Marlins in 35 Remington and they are still some of my favorite guns of all time.   My go-to choice for PA rifle season

I've got a bunch of older Marlins.  Surprisingly accurate and handle well in the woods.  I've got about 10 deer rifles, but when it comes to hunting deer in the woods of NY I catch myself grabbing my Marlin 336 in 35 Remington (2nd from left in the picture) more than the others.   The old beat up 30-30 on the bottom right will shoot legitimate 1" groups at 100 yards with factory 150 grain core lokts.   Lot of deer didn't like that 30-30.

20181108_073949.jpg

I have a Savage Model 99, .358 caliber. I bought it as a kid with my paper route money. Many deer, a bear, a handful of hogs, a caribou, and a couple fall turkeys have fallen to it. MANY offers to sell it, but it will stay with me until I die. Still shoots straight after all of these years.

Edited by Stan Putz

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

Lever guns are cool. I have 4.

A Marlin 39 .22 that I bought when my kids were young boys. A Henry .22 that I bought just because I like the company. A Browning .243 I bought for younger family members deer hunting in Pa.  A .270 Browning that I use for deer hunting.

My son has a .45-70 guide gun in my safe, with a loop lever. Winchester? Marlin? I forget.

Have fun

6 hours ago, YurytheRed said:

and then you'll get an auto loader!! I've had a few levers, Winchester, Marlin, Browning and have sold them all.

without me, my rifle is nothing