IGNORED

Beef Jerky is DONE...

yoda4x4

Just got done making a batch of beef jerky for my daughter and me. By most folks standards they came out a little bit on the bland side, but my little angel loves them that way. The ingredients were:

6 lbs London Broil

2 cups soy sauce

2 cups Worchestershire sauce

1 bottle BBQ sauce

Garlic powder and black pepper

Marinated the beef overnight. Put the meat on wooden skewers and hung in the oven for 3 hrs at 170°F.

And now I'm left with 2.5 lbs of beef jerky.

David1550513492485.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Looks good,
No venison?
Heck no! I never use venison. Mainly because I refuse to use a high value $$$ meat since you cover it up with a bunch of seasoning. I always use the cheapest cuts of meat (London Broil or Bottom Round) for it.
Looks good! Do you use cure? If not, you should reconsider. It does a good job killing any possible Ecoli that could occur. I feel like it's an important step that a lot of people skip. 
I don't use cure. Honestly never thought about it. And the reality is this batch will be gone in a week or so.

David

24 minutes ago, yoda4x4 said:

Heck no! I never use venison. Mainly because I refuse to use a high value $$$ meat since you cover it up with a bunch of seasoning. I always use the cheapest cuts of meat (London Broil or Bottom Round) for it.I don't use cure. Honestly never thought about it. And the reality is this batch will be gone in a week or so.

David

If it's gone that fast you don't have to worry about it.