Lanceinpa

Fletching and Cresting

I'm looking to have a dozen 2018's crested and fletched for my recurve set up. Can anyone recommend an individual or store that does this in Somerset Co area.  Would like something a little nicer than just plain fletching. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I’m just curious why you would want actual painted cresting?  It adds weights to the back end of your arrow and you will ruin cresting if you want to re-fletch or repair a feather.  I would recommend using onestringer arrow wraps.  You can customize a wrap with any size or design you wish.  There are a lot more benefits to using the correct wrap than actual painted cresting IMO.  I have a dozen brand new 2018 Easton legacy shafts if you need also.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I’m just curious why you would want actual painted cresting?  It adds weights to the back end of your arrow and you will ruin cresting if you want to re-fletch or repair a feather.  I would recommend using onestringer arrow wraps.  You can customize a wrap with any size or design you wish.  There are a lot more benefits to using the correct wrap than actual painted cresting IMO.  I have a dozen brand new 2018 Easton legacy shafts if you need also.

OK that makes sense. I'll buy the wraps, and can find any number of places to fletch. Thank You. 

42 minutes ago, Lanceinpa said:

OK that makes sense. I'll buy the wraps, and can find any number of places to fletch. Thank You. 

Buy a jig , nothing easier than fletching arrows .

i can easily walk you through the steps to do feather splicing to make your own unique set.

then if you damage an arrow just strip it and redo it 

• Agree 1