IGNORED

CWD now in 24 states

tcook8296

CWD.jpeg.4c5c1bf03e7de0a142bc141596569321.jpegCWD1.jpeg.24013df102ba036d86fa99e46be196cb.jpeg

They should take precautionary measures and stop baiting before it gets here.  I found this buck early bow season alive that had some type of brain malfunction, but I cant get the video to load. I called the cops and they put it down but I should of called the wardens.  I explained CWD and EHD to them and they agreed to call Fish and Game,but I don't think they ever did because his head was still there a week later

I have a petting zoo a few mins out from my house that used to have a herd of deer in the back of the property. I was there this fall buying pumpkins and asked a guy who worked there what happened to the deer they had. He said last year about half of them just dropped dead one night. And over the next week or so the rest of them dropped also. This doesn’t sound like CWD but whatever it was is pretty scary stuff. 

Tom,Chemicals in food,water,crops is nothing new just getting worse. Grow a bigger pig,chicken,steer faster cheaper to reep$.Herbicides, pesticides, etc all approved by people like whitman. I remember native pheasants were prevalent, Bunny's out the gasoo.I do not bait!If I did I would buy local corn from farms.People buying from Walmart? Should consider where that crap comes from!End of rant for now.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, bucky said:

CWD.jpeg.4c5c1bf03e7de0a142bc141596569321.jpegCWD1.jpeg.24013df102ba036d86fa99e46be196cb.jpeg

They should take precautionary measures and stop baiting before it gets here.  I found this buck early bow season alive that had some type of brain malfunction, but I cant get the video to load. I called the cops and they put it down but I should of called the wardens.  I explained CWD and EHD to them and they agreed to call Fish and Game,but I don't think they ever did because his head was still there a week later

That incident was too important for everyone to drop the ball!!  Wtf!!!

WV has it documented and the DNR placed no bait laws, tightened transport laws, etc in the containment areas.....but.....

The legislature was pressured by trophy hunters recently and proposed to limit buck harvests with hopes to grow bigger deer, like many horn hunters want,.....

The problem with that is data shows 1.5 yr old bucks are most likely to spread CWD due to their dispersion rates and far distances of travel, sometimes 20 miles!

Limiting buck harvests, antler restrictions, etc is like playing CWD Russian Roulette with the deer herds......it is here and DNRs everywhere are taking measures to contain it, and limiting buck harvests allowing 1.5 yr old bucks a better chance to disperse is not something a biologist would support if they are mindful of spreading CWD. 

It's just not worth the risk. If a buck happens to get aged and grows to be a giant, so be it, and lucky hunter that crosses his path, but antlers make for terrible soup, so DNRs should be careful w limiting buck harvests!

Edited by Bonefreak

That incident was too important for everyone to drop the ball!!  Wtf!!!

No shit Sherlock !!! I should of took care of it myself, the last thing they said before they drove away they were going to make the call. One was a hunter so I thought it was left in good hands but the boys in blue most likely didn't follow through :down:

Edited by bucky

21 minutes ago, bucky said:

No shit Sherlock !!! I should of took care of it myself, the last thing they said before they drove away they were going to make the call. One was a hunter so I thought it was left in good hands but the boys in blue most likely didn't follow through :down:

Yep. Trust no one. Even the boys in blue on that type of incident.  If u want the job done right, do it yourself.......its as simple as a phone call.....i can guarantee the Division would have taken that kind of call with top priority, as you just don't mess around with this crap. 

What town was this btw??