IGNORED

Legal in nj?

5 hours ago, gregtpal said:

Any idea if they require a pistol permit to purchase?

No need for a permit. Perfectly legal as long as it's possessed by someone who legally cannot own it and then only if the illegal owner of said legal weapon uses such weapon in a criminal activity which of course is legally illegal here in NJ...….:hmmmer: 

17 hours ago, gregtpal said:

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/mossberg-590-shockwave-pump-12-gauge-14-barrel-51-rounds?a=2172169

Anyone know if this is legal in nj.  Might go alaska & it would be very comforting to have this with me on the salmon rivers

Not in NJ, get caught with that you wont be going on any hunts for a while

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

17 hours ago, B B said:

yes

No it is not!

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

14 hours ago, mattg1500 said:

Legal according to laws on njsp site

Screenshot_20190216-204738_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

That pertains to standard shotguns,  that one has hand grip you will go to jail

HONOR THE FALLEN

13 hours ago, Farmshine said:

WHEN??? IT IS NOT LEGAL !

HONOR THE FALLEN

Subject: ***IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE NJSP FIREARMS INVESTIGATION UNIT***

FFLs –

Please be advised that the following decision has been made regarding the Mossberg Model 590 Shockwave, Black Aces Tactical DT and the Remington TAC-14. The New Jersey State Police Firearms Investigation Unit concurs with the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) that these pistol grip only designed firearms are legal for sale in the State of New Jersey as a firearm. As such the firearm will be sold utilizing normal retail sale procedures required under Federal and State law. The required State paperwork will include the Certificate Of Eligibility and not a Permit To Purchase A Handgun & Form Of Register.

Firearms with similar design and structure must fall within this definition of a firearm and must not have been manufactured as a “shotgun” (NJSA 2C:39-1n) or meet the Federal requirement of “any other weapon (AOW)” which measures less then 26 inches in overall length. The firearm must also comply with all BATF requirements.

As a result of the recent mass shooting in Las Vegas Nevada the NJSP Firearms Investigation Unit has been asked about the legality of the Bump Stock and Slide Fire Stock mechanisms. In 2011 the matter was reviewed by this unit and dealers were advised at that time that the devices in question were not to be offered for sale in the State of New Jersey. This stance has not changed and no NJ retail firearms dealer shall offer for sale either of these items or similar devices.

Any questions may be directed to the NJSP Firearms Investigation Unit 609-882-2000 x2060 DSG. Brett Bloom.

18 hours ago, gregtpal said:

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/mossberg-590-shockwave-pump-12-gauge-14-barrel-51-rounds?a=2172169

Anyone know if this is legal in nj.  Might go alaska & it would be very comforting to have this with me on the salmon rivers

They say all you have to do is jingle your keys and they will run away, let us know how that works out for you:up:

24 minutes ago, bushden said:

Then why is on shelves in NJ?? 

My buddy sells them here in NJ and I watched 2 people walk out the door after background check was done. 

I believe you are wrong by what I saw. I doubt my buddy who has his FFL for 30+ yes is doing anything wrong

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

It’s not considered a “shotgun” it’s considered a “firearm” the people at Mossberg and the other companies basically found a way to narrowly skirt the definition of a short barreled shotgun thus getting around the prohibition. It all comes down to semantics but according to the ATF, NJSP and several FFL’s they are legal.

I should be working ... there's always tomorrow

1 hour ago, bushden said:

It says SA pistol grip in the form, that shotgun does not have a pistol grip and is a pump.

This is the same scenario as a pistol AR or an SBR. If its a pistol with a brace it is 100% legal. Shoulder that weapon and use it as an SBR to avoid the NFA regs and its illegal.

Edited by mattg1500