Herd Buck

Prime Logic

Anyone shoot any of the Prime bows? I have a friend that’s strongly recommending them but I’ve never heard of them until today... going to look at a few bows but wanted any info on first hand experience with any of the Prime bows. 

Edited by Herd Buck

I have the prime centergy hybrid (I’m 6’4 and like the longer axle to axle). They make their products super balance with a great feel. They are very solid bows, great customer service and give you new strings every two years for free. Definitely worth looking into!

I have really enjoyed shooting prime bows ever since I shot their centroid. Currently have a prime rival LD. Will be looking at the logic ct5 and ct9. But can’t justify a new purchase at this point. 

Been shooting a Prime Defy for a few years now and unless I lose it, it will be my last bow! It’s shoots amazing, draws unbelievably smooth with a solid back wall and super quiet. I never had a bow that was so easy to tune in my life and shoots broadheads better than any other I’ve seen. Imo Prime is the only bow company out there actually changing the mechanics of a compound and setting the bar with new, practical innovations that actually help the way it shoots. These other companies just change the shapes of their bows, slap a different paint job and come up with a catchy name every year. Not Prime! With the warranty and free strings every two years it can’t be beat! 

• Like 1

Prime Centergy here.  No complaints at all.  I like it.

Thanks for the feedback pretty much everything I hear or read they are great bows haven’t heard a negative thing about them. Didn’t know about the free strings that’s awesome I will definitely check them out and shoot a few the next couple of weeks

I shoot a Prime Centergy, the fit and finish on the bow is second to none, some folks say that the Prime bows have some what of a ping to them on the shot due to the specific aluminum allow. I can tell you that I heard it on a demo bow at a shop where I went to test shoot it, sounded like a tuning fork. I ended up buying a new left over on Archery Talk for half the price, so I decided to give it a try, the bow is dead silent.

I'm really trying to love this bow, it continues to be a journey, the bow for me is hyper sensitive to the correct grip. I had to completely retrain my hand to the bow to get the right tear out of bare shafts. I'm going to hold onto it through the Spring and continue working with it, if it dosen't work out I 'll be back to shooting Mathews, absolutely love the Triax/Traverse.

• Like 1

I have a Prime Ion and love it. Go to a shop that let's you try a few bows out. Shoot what makes you feel comfortable.

I sort of regret not trying a PRIME before buying my Matthews Triax.    For me it was more of loyalty to local shop (Simon Peter)  I been doing business with for over 30 years.   My new bow shoots great and required NO ADDITIONAL tuning to have my 3 blade fixed heads shooting same as field points.  I also did shoot Elite and Hoyt before buying,  but they don't carry PRIME.      I have heard nothing but rave reviews on them. 

Here is a dealer locator link - my contribution to this thread. 

https://www.g5prime.com/prime-archery-dealer-locator/

Try shooting one of their CT series bows also. Sent some arrows down range with s CT5. Great bow. I am not in the market for a new bow, but like to shoot what is out there. Luckily the owner of the shop is the same fit as me. So I get to shoot a bunch of bows without them having to adjust stuff for me.