IGNORED

Hunter's Butcher - Scammer? Help?

Larry O'Donnell

38 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

You can tell he was a piece of work by his parting shot in his website.  Blamed his going out of business on his customers.  Of course it couldn't have been his fault.  It's never 'my' fault, it's always somebody else...

What exactly did he say? 

3 minutes ago, archer36 said:

What exactly did he say? 

He said he was going out of business because of bad people:-)
That guy is an ass. He once gave me the entire deer in ground meat. When I questioned him about it he did not show one ounce of decency. No apology, no remorse, he just attacked me for not being clear on what I wanted.  That was the last time I went there.

6 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

He said he was going out of business because of bad people:-)
That guy is an ass. He once gave me the entire deer in ground meat. When I questioned him about it he did not show one ounce of decency. No apology, no remorse, he just attacked me for not being clear on what I wanted.  That was the last time I went there.

That guy is a real A-hole.  Don't know how he lasted that long. 

@ Steve I called Howell PD and they instructed me to file the police report with my local town in PA, which I and my attorney thought was a bit strange.

Anyway, the web store is pretty confident I can get my money back under fraud protection through Visa no matter what. I'll be following through at least on that.

I emailed the 3 contacts for Hunters Helping the Hungry to see if they had anything to say, maybe they legitimately have my deer, but I doubt it.

I contacted the NJ Dept of Fish and Wildlife and filed a complaint.  I didn't even have to say which butcher it was they were like "Oh, Hunter's Butcher, yeah, we have problems with him all the time, your meat is probably gone."  They are going to be taking action.

Even though this is incredibly frustrating, I'm more upset about not having my meat.  I hadn't harvested a deer in over a decade and the three I pulled out of that camp were the only deer anyone got. It was a source of pride and just a great experience all around to get back into the swing of big game hunting.  Now this jerkoff has really put a damper on the experience and my spirits.  

Thanks the the advice, I will keep you guys updated.

Kinda same thing happened to me with him. Few years back dropped off I big doe I was giving to a friend in need. 

It was peak season,and I knew he was busy,plus the meat wasn't for me. After 2 weeks with no call, I called him. 

It was complete confusion on his side. Mind you,I went to high school with this dope. Just different grades. 

Asked if the deer was done,he said I never dropped it off. I said I did ( I had proof) and told him the conversation we had. Then he says he'll call me back. No call that day. Next day I call him n leave a message. His wife calls back and I have to go thru the whole story again. She says she'll call me back. That afternoon I called them again. They said I never dropped a deer off. But I had a picture of the cuts on my phone I selected to give my buddy in need. 

Still wasn't good enough. Apparently, I just went there to fill out the form and try to get a FREE deer!?!?

I called a Warden. He said he'd go over and check. Never took my pic of the selections. After a few days I gave up. 

I don't know if he sells the meat or what but I wouldn't drop anything off there. Very dirty and nasty. 

Glad he closed

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

10 minutes ago, Larry O'Donnell said:

Thanks Booner, I hope you didn't pay in advance like I did.

No. This was a few years ago. No website to visit. The was a little wooden kiosk with a selection list of cuts on paper. Filled it out with your info and tag #. 

Paid when you picked up

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

What exactly did he say?  

Paraphrasing and in a nutshell he was in business for 30 years or so and blamed his demised on unhappy people that left reviews.  He also reminded people that he was the only HHH butcher in the area.  The way it was worded there was no question of the bitterness. 

He also went on to say he doesn't call hunters when he's done processing the deer.  It's the hunter's responsibility to check his website.  I thought that was interesting.  I guess me checking 5 days is a row is better than sitting tight for a 30 second phone call?  It kind of tells you of his mindset. 

A more class act would have been to thank the people that kept him in business that long instead of blasting the ones that apparently through his eyes, took him down.

Edited by Gunsmoke