IGNORED

Savage 410 Turkey Gun?!

JimmyScags

2 minutes ago, archer36 said:

A 20 ga with "Hevi-shot" loads is perfect for a Youth hunter or recoil shy Adults. 

I've used the hevi shot blend in 20ga guns. I've killed 2 and one of my boys has killed 3.  All one shot kills. Shots limited to 35 yards. If I'm running and gunning I grab the 20. 3" turkey loads in a youth pump are stiff but manageable. 

13 hours ago, Rdfhunter said:

When I asked the owner to make  a “T” shot load he informed me that “T” at that FPS would be armor piercing.. When you are talking about killing a turkey at 50,60,70 yards I’ll take down range penetration since we are aiming  for the spine/head . 

I think he's making some highly exagerated marketing claims as far as complete pass thru's & armor piercing birdshot....

On 2/12/2019 at 8:30 PM, JimmyScags said:

Hey guys,

Anyone see the new Savage 301 Turkey? They’re making a 410 and 20ga single shot break action Turkey gun. Super light weight, super full screw in turkey choke, camouflage, optics ready and optimized for Federal TSS Heavyshot ammo.

I am aware that the 410 versions are not legal in NJ.

First, what do you guys think? I think it would be an awesome run and gun setup.

Second, I was told the game council would have to approve the rule change to get it legalized. If it’s something enough of us are interested in, does anyone know where to start?

If we go for a 410 with #9 shot then we need the Pellet Gun season to for turkey. I think i would rather do the Pellet gun than 410. There are a few states that have the Turkey Pellet gun legal in season. Head shots. Hit or miss. 

Edited by Buck154

On 2/14/2019 at 8:50 AM, gregtpal said:

I think he's making some highly exagerated marketing claims as far as complete pass thru's & armor piercing birdshot....

I wouldn’t say that T shot is bird shot .. but hey whatever.  What facts are you using to firm this opinion ? Why not call them , the  one owner is in the military and  your call will be forwarded to Germany where he is stationed ..  Then you can call him a liar to his face. 

Personally, I think allowing the use of the .410 shotgun in NJ would be great.

It would allow me to use my muzzleloading 28 Gauge for Turkey.:up:

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

5 hours ago, Rdfhunter said:

I wouldn’t say that T shot is bird shot .. but hey whatever.  What facts are you using to firm this opinion ? Why not call them , the  one owner is in the military and  your call will be forwarded to Germany where he is stationed ..  Then you can call him a liar to his face. 

Chill...

15 minutes ago, Lanceinpa said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the running and gunning comments. Is a 12 gauge to heavy to carry? 

I wouldn't say it's too heavy but for me and 2 boys. I'm carrying a double ground blind, 2 decoys, backpack full of gear. , Etc. If I can carry a gun that's a couple pounds lighter I will.