IGNORED

Snow blower problems

Horn63

Use a stick to see if you can spin the impellar while machine is off .

if spins more than likely a sheeer pin .

if doesn’t can be a rock stuck along outside wall .

NEVER PUT YOUR HAND EVEN IN  MACHINE THATS OFF

even when off when the get stuck they will snap back with enough force to break your fingers, when you unlodge them 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, electric10162 said:

Normally a belt drives the impeller separate of the auger. Open bottom pan of unit. If belt is present check for adjuster.

Bingo!Wish you were closer I'd fix.You put it away it worked,you would of had to have had to eaten a log before that to break the pin.lol Shear pin is a weak metal looks like a bolt,it's on the auger shaft in front of the tranny.How old is the blower?I had 2 model 521's.Like said,belt drive's the impeller,face the blower at a wall bout 3-4 feet away,lift up from handles,lean toward wall till you get it to stand on its own, exposing the bottom pan,I believe it's 4-7/16 th's bolts.Check belt,they dry out over time,theres spray belt dressing,that helps friction,but at this point I just put a new belt on,$20 bucks.Pull on thrower lever,there's a pulley wheel that should apply tension on the belt to spin impeller.Phil say's early spring,but there's next year lol.Let me know how you make out and any other questions I'll gladly offer my 2cent.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

A couple of years ago I ran over one of my sons sneakers that he left in the driveway. I had to take the unit apart to remove the sneaker. When I took it apart I replaced both belts. The last time I used it, it worked fine so I doubt it is the shear pin. I will take it apart over the weekend and report back. Thanks for all the help.